Author Topic: The top 3 levels of each user pack  (Read 6705 times)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The top 3 levels of each user pack
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 11:01:47 PM »
I didn't find 'Hello, Goodbye' to be one of the easier ones...
Though I'm somewhat sceptical as to Dullstar's solution, I haven't even come close to achieving what he described.

nope. :( (Actually I don't recall seeing a "modified" version. I haven't found any solutions other than the pillar backroute though)
I posted it here: http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=218.msg6538#msg6538
Just in case you want to give it another try :)
For reference, here's how I'd evaluate my second pack if I had to:
geooPk1
1: Trading and Cooperating
2: The Way Up
3: Prepairing their ways (if not for the backroutes...)
10: Twice the same (concept horribly executed)
'Follow Me' and 'Palace o/t once-hacked Lemmings' are pretty bad as well, the former being a backroute mess, and the intended solution of the latter is ugly to execute just for the sake of using a glitch.

Some more:

ClamSpam01
1: Hello, Goodbye (I remember how this one had tseug and me stumped at first)
2: Dig This!
3: Catch Your Death
10: Escape from Alcatraz!

ISteve10
1: The duct rise lemmings.
2: This is a gate level
3: The Decent Descent (or 'Empty Space is Hardly a Waste' if it wasn't for the backroutes)
10: I am I.S. (Part 2)
(This is another pack where even the worst level is still good).

I don't remember this pack too well, but at least I'm pretty certain on the first place:
BulletRide2
1: Final Call
2: The Quiet Place
3: Jotun
10: Deep Six (Part 2)

Also thought I could list Fleech/SgB's levels, but I remember too little to properly list the best ones, I remember they were hard, really good and had many backroutes, resulting into an eternal game of fixing and finding new ones. ;)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 11:19:00 PM »
I played it in DOS mode (I guess other people did it differently but I replaced my LemmixStyles.inin vgaspec entries with entries to ONML).

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 03:36:08 AM »
Yep, that's the problem. My levels are made for Custom Lemmings mode. If you play them in original mode, you might find that some levels are too easy or too hard.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »
Some nice level packs I've played through:

Eymerich02
1. Lemming Clichè
2. Dungeons & Lemmings
3. There's thrill in the Method
10. The Great Wall, part two

finpack 01
1. Fiery Depths
2. Chrysanthemum paradise
3. Magic Wishing Wells
6. The Lazy Lemming

ISteve07
1. 4 Pillars and a Trap
2. Mental Process
3. A JUGAR!
10. The Annoying 1-pixel Gap

Lemmings Plus DOS Project - 10 - Danger (Part 1)
1. Backdraft
2. Some Kind Of Lemming
3. Alternative Logic
10. Keeping On Track

nortpack1
1. Unidentified Lemming Object
2. With All Deliberate Speed
3. The Crusher
10.Crystal Village

TM pack 1
1. Special Relativity
2. Invocation
3. get up stand up
10. Bells and Whistles

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 01:21:52 PM »
I would rate Eymerich02 like so:

1. Brokeback Mountain
2. Clockwork Pink Revisited
3. Lemming Cliché
8. There's thrill in the Method (spoiled by an easy backroute, but still fun)
9. We still all fall down (another backroute)
10. Tomorrow Ends Today (pretty much an easier repeat of the previous level)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 09:57:37 PM »
I didn't find 'Hello, Goodbye' to be one of the easier ones...
Though I'm somewhat sceptical as to Dullstar's solution, I haven't even come close to achieving what he described.

ClamSpam01
1: Hello, Goodbye (I remember how this one had tseug and me stumped at first)
2: Dig This!
3: Catch Your Death
10: Escape from Alcatraz!

I don't feel that dumb now for getting stumped on Hello Goodbye. I felt dumb because the solution seemed easy after I got it. But in retrospect it didn't really take me that long. Compared to some of Clam's other levels which I think are much harder.

TM pack 1
1. Special Relativity
2. Invocation
3. get up stand up
10. Bells and Whistles

I'm curious if you can go into any detail as to what you liked/didn't like about them?
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 01:46:48 PM »
I'm curious if you can go into any detail as to what you liked/didn't like about them?

Of course! :P I actually thought that would be a little constricted reply if I only ordered the levels without commenting any of them, although I think that was the main idea of this topic and hardly anyone else have commented their orderings either.

TM pack 1 surprised me positively and after playing your levels I had to play the other packs, TM2-4 too. All my top 3 levels are puzzle levels, which I had to try many times before I beated them. Turning lemmings around in "get up stand up" was tricky without blockers and builders, since release rate was 50, too. Invocation reminds me of ONML Havoc 9, but your level is harder. :P The player needs to multitask and think about which lemmings should go in which exit. Special Relativity was my clear favourite. The level has a very simple skillset and layout, and the time limit prevents all the backroutes I tried. In the end, the solution which I found, involves 4 (!) lemmings to do the work - in such a simple looking level with only 8 skills. I liked this puzzle a lot!

Bells and Whistles fell the last because I beated it in a very trivial way just turning one lemming around to build the bridge for the others. It seemed a little odd when the other levels around it were much more difficult.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 11:01:04 PM »
Thanks. Bells and Whistles actually has a major mistake in it which is why it's so easy. I should also note that one of my levels was kind of just stolen from somebody else. I don't why I did that. :XD: but I made some of these way back near when I first joined. I never uploaded them because nobody seemed interested in it. I'm glad somebody is know. :)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain