Author Topic: Lix Community Level Set  (Read 168637 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Lix Community Level Set
« Reply #660 on: August 28, 2012, 07:58:58 PM »
Plus my fix to eye of the needle with the thin steel. I frankly don't care too much about it--it doesn't look bad to me and I don't remember why I disliked it before.

You didn't -- I was the one who objected to it  :P Nothing to do with the appearance -- it's just that from a puzzle-aesthetic point of view, I find it much "cleaner" if adding really small pieces to fix backroutes can be avoided.

Why a new version of Lixes in Motion? What was wrong with the old one? This version has a trivial solution.

Solved "Cluster One", easy once I got the idea, but then the title does rather give it away.

No ideas yet on the other level.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 28, 2012, 09:29:02 PM »
okay, I agree that title does give it away pretty much. (Kinda like flow control) so I changed the name. I added a laser to lixes in motion. Nobody has still found the correct solution to that level back then. (Granted there were a lot and some were nice) but not the intended one.

Plus also updated here is "so close yet so far away and exit stage right, just so geoo can easily get the correct version.

EDIT: I changed Dilemma slightly hopefully to make it a little less tight.

I'm hoping the only reason you didn't solve it was because it's too precision demanding.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 02, 2012, 07:53:27 PM »
Here is a new level. Clam play tested this once and I updated it since then.

EDIT: second download is latest version
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 02, 2012, 09:12:14 PM »
Solution.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 03, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »
Solution to the latest Downfall (I think it's v3 now, including the one I tested on IRC?)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 09, 2012, 04:22:23 AM »
I'm in the process of sorting through the levels right now, which might take a while due to the many duplicates.

In the meantime, I'll post two solutions and a new level. The new level is supposed to be very hard, however I'm afraid it will have tons of backroutes.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 09, 2012, 06:00:31 PM »
Three more solutions.
This version of Lixes in Motion is yet again different from Part 1 and Part 2, so is it supposed to become Part 3?
The new version of migration is really nice, you got 5 floater and 5 climbers, and yet things don't work out as easily due to the time limit. You might want to tighten it by 30 seconds or so, as I think building bridge and mining after each other might still be possible within 4 minutes.
Survival of the Craftiest presents a nice puzzle, though I suspect there's more solutions than just mine.

A Fearful Symmetry: In the new version, it's possible to cross the gap with 2 builders, so shouldn't the number of builders be adjusted accordingly? Might also be better to steepen the terrain that leads into the water to it's clearer that you can actually pass it with 2 bridges.
Eye of the Needle: that should work, do you mind if I replace the 3 16x32 blocks with a 32x32 one? Should still work and looks nice IMO.

Next I'll probably have a go at minimac's levels.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 10, 2012, 12:44:51 AM »
This is close to my original solution to Survival of the Craftiest. I think I originally did something different at the very start, that didn't require the spawn interval fine-tuning used in this replay -- but now I can't work out what  ;P Anyway, it's not meant to be an "only one solution" level, so geoo's solution is valid.

And pretty much the same backroute to "Lixes in Motion 3".

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 10, 2012, 06:23:34 PM »
Are maps still being accepted for the community pack?  Got one I've been working on this week.  Just doing some finishing touches to it.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 10, 2012, 07:47:55 PM »
According to geoo here, yes.

As for me... I still have quite a few levels I would like to contribute, but Mother's accident, my writing, and my increased interest in multiplayer levels have all taken up large chunks of my time. But I don't want to make you wait for me, so as far as I'm concerned you can go ahead and close submissions whenever you're ready, and I'll just see how many I can get finished before that.

When you draw up the list, please include Seven Pillars of Lixdom / It's all about survival and The Sign of Four, because they really shouldn't take much more work at all. I haven't posted The Sign of Four yet, but only because I want to make a harder version if there's time, and that might require fiddling with the current terrain. If a deadline rush comes, I can just drop the idea of a harder version, but I don't want to drop the level altogether.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 10, 2012, 08:35:59 PM »
Late Taxing is about a 3/10 to this group 8) Here's my solution. (And I'm in favour of timers, as I've said before :P )

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 10, 2012, 10:12:51 PM »
Here's another solution, which I find more satisfying -- not to mention that it saves one more!

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 10, 2012, 10:17:38 PM »
Final Version of Tick Toxic  I'll guarantee this is unbackroutable!

Difficulty is still about a late taxing map (going from a lemmings1 level point of view)

Thanks for pre-testing the early version again Proxima.

Rubix

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 11, 2012, 03:59:17 AM »
time-tightened version of migration and updates/fixes to Lixes in Motion

[/quote][/s]
Okay. But earlier you all said I should not number my levels and just keep the same title.
I'll do the rest later

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 11, 2012, 04:48:59 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean. I was just wondering whether this one is supposed to become a new addition to the level set (and thus Part 3, unless you have some other name for it), or whether it was supposed to replace one of the other two parts (which I assumed it didn't because the solution is yet again different). Anyway, same backroute still works.