Author Topic: Having problems with creating a DOS extended graphic file  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Having problems with creating a DOS extended graphic file
« on: October 07, 2011, 07:26:54 AM »
I'm at the moment having problems with creating an extended graphic file while using the program Lemmix. I've figured out that you need at most 8 colors (Along with black, the background color, but the biggest problem is, I don't know which colors pass the planar bitmap scale. I even tried using a 16-color palette to design a level, and even that is unacceptable (It won't even accept 255, 255, 255, which is actually white). Are there any suggestions as to what I can do to get through this problem which seems to complicate every time?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Having problems with creating a DOS extended graphic file
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 07:47:05 AM »
Haven't tried this myself, but I have a random idea. L1 doesn't use 8 bits for one color component, but only 6. Try making white with 0x3F (decimal 63) in each entry.

Hmm, I actually believe Lemmix should be smart enough to convert. I'll get breakfast first, and afterwards try myself or peek at the source code.

Now after breakfast: The editor is closed-source for some reason. So it's random trial-and-error time.

The day after: Eric told me he has lost the Lemmix editor source due to a disk crash. :-/

-- Simon

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 09:33:49 AM »
I haven't used the Lemmix built-in function for that, however if you don't get it to work, you can use ccexplore's myvgaspec.
I attached it in case you don't have it (I hope ccexplore doesn't mind).

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 07:53:32 PM »
Now after breakfast: The editor is closed-source for some reason. So it's random trial-and-error time.

The day after: Eric told me he has lost the Lemmix editor source due to a disk crash. :-/
I have the Lemmix 0.0.10.0 source.  (You'll probably have to rename the download since the IPv6 gateway doesn't seem to forward the filename properly... or just use this link if you have IPv6.)