Author Topic: Original Lemmings you own  (Read 6520 times)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Original Lemmings you own
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 04:56:05 AM »
I own original copies of only a bundle of the DOS Lemmings/ONML.

I got a Console I turned into an emulator that has the NES, SNES, and SMS Lemmings games. I've also gotten the 3D Lemmings games via some means, but never got it to run in any reasonable framerate.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 02:41:29 AM »
Making remakes of the Sega levels makes me feel like I actually have the Sega Lemmings within the PSP version.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Nortaneous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 05:49:59 AM »
I recently found two PC Lemmings disks. One was a DOS version (I think this is the one with CD audio, but I don't have it with me right now so I can't check), and the other is the Visual Sciences version for Windows. (Is this regular winlemm? I'd hope not; it's a bit garbage.)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 02:19:50 AM »
Lemmings 1. Lemmings Paintball, Lemmings Revolution.

I used to own an original blue floppy disk of DOS Lemmings the very first. But sadly I threw it away  :(

does anybody think those floppies of the DOS version will be valuable someday?
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 01:58:00 AM »
I recently found two PC Lemmings disks. One was a DOS version (I think this is the one with CD audio, but I don't have it with me right now so I can't check), and the other is the Visual Sciences version for Windows. (Is this regular winlemm? I'd hope not; it's a bit garbage.)
I think so; I'm not aware of multiple versions. It's in a window, isn't it? Lemmini kind of expanded upon it a little bit and gave it a proper interface.

You can perhaps tell why we still use the DOS version, anyway!

Offline Nortaneous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 09:54:33 AM »
I think so; I'm not aware of multiple versions. It's in a window, isn't it? Lemmini kind of expanded upon it a little bit and gave it a proper interface.

You can perhaps tell why we still use the DOS version, anyway!
It's in a window, yes, and the window can be resized to expand the viewport. Also, the install dialogue is covered in typos, and the whole thing reeks of one of those bargain-bin games of dubious legal status from Croatia that I used to find lying at the bottom of the game cart at Office Depot.

In other news, the other disc is the DOS Lemmings disc with CD audio that I've been talking about for a while, Music rips tomorrow probably, if the disc isn't too scratched (it seems playable so far, though); I'm too tired to be bothered with it tonight.

edit: Tracklist:
2. Intro
3. Intro with random sounds
4. Awesome
5. Beast
6. Beast II
7. Cancan
8. How much is that doggie in the window
9. Lemming1
10. Lemming2
11. Lemming3
12. Menace
13. She'll be coming round the mountain
14. Twang
15-24: Tim 1-10

edit2: ...oh, I could've saved myself a lot of time; after the intro, it's the same order as here

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 11:02:18 AM »
In other news, the other disc is the DOS Lemmings disc with CD audio that I've been talking about for a while, Music rips tomorrow probably, if the disc isn't too scratched (it seems playable so far, though); I'm too tired to be bothered with it tonight.

In addition to the music rip, I'd like a full copy of the game's files in the CD as well actually.  Because it has been rumored that CustLemm may have been based off of this version of DOS Lemmings.

Is there anything on/in the CD that might indicate who published this version of the game?

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 11:38:10 AM »
Lemmings 1. Lemmings Paintball, Lemmings Revolution.

I used to own an original blue floppy disk of DOS Lemmings the very first. But sadly I threw it away  :(

does anybody think those floppies of the DOS version will be valuable someday?
Floppy disks? Somehow I doubt it...

Offline Nortaneous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 09:13:18 PM »
Here's the music: http://www.mediafire.com/?95r6gb9gy6imap7 I don't have anything to convert them from FLAC, so.

In addition to the music rip, I'd like a full copy of the game's files in the CD as well actually.  Because it has been rumored that CustLemm may have been based off of this version of DOS Lemmings.
Alright, I'll try to find a way to do that.

Is there anything on/in the CD that might indicate who published this version of the game?
"Exclusively Distributed by Slash Corporation"

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 04:36:09 AM »
I owned a 5" floppy of ONML (which required the original game to play, so I could never play it) and I eventually threw it out when I got rid of my 5" floppy drive. D:  Quite disappointing now.  I bought Lemmings Revolution a few years ago, since it's the only PC Lemmings game that I've ever seen in a store.  Quite a disappointing collection altogether.