Author Topic: Reverse levels level pack  (Read 16943 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: Reverse levels level pack
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2011, 10:07:23 PM »
Now it's working. I didn't know I had to change back the viewer style after I picked Custlemm to open namida's Oblivion level. I'm gonna replace that video now. I never knew the platform is height to kill the Lemmings. I even tested in the PSP version in Mayhem 20, where I put a blocker near the exit to turn the other climber around and he got killed.

Edit: Here's Fun 4 with three builders. I don't know how to beat Fun 3 with only four blockers.

Lemmings Reverse Now use miners and climbers
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2011, 03:11:02 AM »
Is it possible to manually change the mechanics for CustLemm played via Lemmix so that it uses the correct fall height?

But then it would affect levels people already created for CustLemm that were tested with that "incorrect" falling height.  Also, it doesn't really help you for the reversed levelsets anyway for various reasons.

I suppose one can create a CustLem2 style that maps the graphics set the same way as CustLemm style, but uses ONML mechanics with the correct falling height.  But in practice, before Lemmix existed you don't really have a practical way to play such a levelset anyway, unless it only uses the PC Lemmings graphics set, in which case you can simply play it PC Lemmings itself and uses that style in Lemmix.

In any case, the 3 pixel differences in fall height usually doesn't matter, at least for general level solving.  Yes, there are hilarious effects with selected levels like We All Fall Down, but they tend to be the rare exceptions rather than the rule.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 11:07:01 AM »
Finished making the reverse special levels. I'll play them later and try to see what's the minimum skills needed to solve them. It uses DOS Original Lemmings.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.