Author Topic: What are the skills you need for maximum percentage on each level?  (Read 55283 times)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
Re: What are the skills you need for maximum percentage on each level?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 03:17:37 AM »
Do you have a replay of it?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 03:27:48 AM »
The 100% no-builder Tame 20 solution was posted somewhere here, back in the days of the old forums (eg. Cheapo was actually still popular at that time, so yeah, ancient history :XD: :-\ ;)).

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 04:00:20 AM »
ah. I always have trouble if I attempt to make one of those steep digger-staircases because I can't tell when the basher has actually advanced far enough to make him dig again.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 04:29:10 AM »
The 100% no-builder Tame 20 solution was posted somewhere here, back in the days of the old forums (eg. Cheapo was actually still popular at that time, so yeah, ancient history :XD: :-\ ;)).

I'm going a bit off-topic here, but whenever I try downloading files from that site, I end up with a file called 'index.php'. Renaming the file doesn't help (at least for the Tame 20 replay). Any idea what's going on here?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 04:38:26 AM »
I'm going a bit off-topic here, but whenever I try downloading files from that site, I end up with a file called 'index.php'. Renaming the file doesn't help (at least for the Tame 20 replay). Any idea what's going on here?

Hmm, odd, didn't notice this before. ??? :o

Anyway, some of the files are ZIP files while other ones are plain uncompressed LRB replay files.  You probably just need to rename with the correct file extension (looks like Tame 20 is zipped).  Actually on my browser (IE8) it always get the file extension correct, just the filename always becomes "index".

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 06:36:43 AM »
Back on topic, here are some improvements for Crazy:

Crazy 1: 4 Blockers + 4 Diggers
Crazy 8: 4 Builders + 2 Bashers (I wouldn't rule out 1 basher, though)
Crazy 12: 2 Builders + 4 Bashers
Crazy 15: 3 Builders + 1 Digger (the min-skills solution is good for 100%)
Crazy 19: 5 Builders + 1 Basher + 1 Digger
Crazy 20: 14 Builders + 1 Basher (I'm pretty sure the builders can be reduced further, but I don't feel like messing with it right now.)

Also, You need 4 builders for Wild 5, which is not noted on the result for that level.

Quote from: Hints
Crazy 8 4 Builders: 2 builders are used to get over the water and 2 more are used to get up to the exit.  If you start the final basher in the right place, you won't need a builder to stop him (ccexplore's basher planning tutorial helps a bunch here).
Crazy 12 2 Builders: Start your first basher as far left as possible and set the RR to 99.  As soon as the basher breaks through, place a blocker at the extreme edge, which should be raised one pixel due to the basher's stroke.  One lemming must go past to clear the rest of the route, and the original basher (who takes one more stroke because he is on an even number) will bounce off the blocker.  When the route is clear, bash away the pixel the blocker is standing on.
Crazy 19 5 Builders: Take the ceiling route, using the release rate for crowd control.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 10:21:23 AM »

Open the file with a text editor. If it contains actual PHP code, then the problem is server-side. (The webserver doesn't run the PHP interpreter on it before serving the file.) Tell the webmaster in this case.

-- Simon

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 12:47:03 PM »
Also in that case it should also say "none" in the OP.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 08:54:17 PM »
Wild 12 is updated incorrectly in the OP, there is no need for the blocker as LemSteven's 100% solution doesn't use any.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 03:18:58 AM »
I just did a preliminary run through Wild and came up with the following improvements:

Wild 1: 2 builders + 1 miner.
I found a way to get down to the "room" directly above the exit using a basher.  From there, you just need one miner to exit via direct drop.

Wild 2: 5 builders.  This is straight off of the "skills you can't live without" thread.  There are plenty of other skills available to get it up to 100%.

Wild 3: 6 builders.  Again, this is the same score as in the "skills you can't live without" thread.  Diggers are avoided due to the fortuitous placement of the chains on to the left of the entrance.  Miners are pretty easy to avoid, and you don't need any extra builders for crowd control.

Wild 11: 4 builders.  The min-skills route only requires 4 builders, and it can easily be adapted for 100% by adding a floater to save the climber.

Wild 13: 2 climbers + 2 bombers + 2 builders + 2 bashers + 1 miner.  You don't need a blocker/bomber to hold back the crowd if you're smart with the release rate.

Wild 18: 2 bombers + 10 builders.  Three builders are used to restrain the crowd, one is used to release the crowd, and six are used to clear the route.

Wild 20: 3 builders + 1 digger.  If the digger is placed properly, you'll only need to use one builder as a delay.  You also don't need to use a builder to stop the digger.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 10:04:44 AM »
Crazy 12: 2 Builders + 4 Bashers

Possible with 3 bashers:

Quote from: Hints
Set the RR to 86, so the lemmings merge in the hole. When the 78th lemming enters, change the RR to 99. Assign basher to the last lemming as it turns. The merged crowd turns around just before the basher breaks through, giving you enough time to complete the path.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 02:59:36 PM »
Fun28: 7 builders

As I explained about a year ago here, you can get to the exit sans blockers with 6 builders.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 08:36:03 PM »
[Tricky] 12: 3 floaters, 1 builder

By using the miner trick to turn the first lemming around quickly, this can be done with 2 floaters, attached replay showing the start (the rest of the level is easy). There's also a no-builder solution floating around somewhere, though I don't recall whether it saves 100%.

[Tricky] 13: 8 builders

I'm able to match the 'skills you can't live without' score of 3 builders, replay attached.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 11:52:50 PM »
For Taxing 22 (repeat of Fun 27), I've already established in the "fewest type of skills" thread 100% solutions for builders+floaters and builders+diggers, so it's down to number of builders.  And it's possible to achieve 100% on that level too using no more than 1 builder (glitch-free even), see attached.  Final result: 1 builder.

=============

[Tricky 12]By using the miner trick to turn the first lemming around quickly, this can be done with 2 floaters, attached replay showing the start (the rest of the level is easy). There's also a no-builder solution floating around somewhere, though I don't recall whether it saves 100%.

It was from namida but unfortunately he didn't bother with 100%.  Fortunately it's not too hard to modify just the end parts of his no-builder solution to save 100%, saving me the trouble of most of the skill assignments. ;P

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »
You know this is coming sooner or later, so here we go:  Fun 16 100% with 4 builders. ;)  I believe this completely wraps up Fun.