Author Topic: Levelpak Saving  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Levelpak Saving
« on: October 14, 2011, 07:54:52 PM »
How do I save a level into a levelpak file with Lemmix and without Lemedit? I got the first level there because it was saved in Lemedit, since that's the only way I know how to make a 10 level file, but the problem is trying to get another level saved there.

When I click on "Lemedit generated level" to make a new level, it will not save in the 10 level file. Instead it will save as a separate file. Do I have to build all my levels in Lemedit first?

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Levelpak Saving
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 09:34:45 PM »
Right-click on the "Edit DOS levelpak" window, and then from the context menu select "Add Editor Level".  The submenu then has options for you to replace the selected level in the level list with what you have in the editor, or to add the editor level before or after the selected.  Don't forget to save the levelpak afterwards!  (Again, right-click to bring up context menu and then select "Save levelpak" or "Save levelpak As...", the latter to save to a different DAT file from the one you opened.)

You can also select "Add LVL file" instead of "Add Editor Level", which does the same thing except it uses the level from the LVL file you selected (it brings up the standard Windows file browser for you to pick the file), rather than the level currently opened in the editor.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 06:13:39 PM »
That fixed my problem.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 11:56:24 PM »
Do you have to create a level pack with only levels that are all among the same graphic "game". In other words, can you have some levels of dirt from Original mixed with levels of brick from Oh-No lemmings?
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 12:01:43 AM »
Do you have to create a level pack with only levels that are all among the same graphic "game". In other words, can you have some levels of dirt from Original mixed with levels of brick from Oh-No lemmings?
Of course. But make sure you know the convention we use, which is that tilesets 0-3 from ONML become tilesets 5-8 in Custlemm/Lemmix, and the Christmas tileset is number 9. You have to shuffle around all the data files to get it to work.