Author Topic: New unofficial online Lemmings game...  (Read 31130 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: New unofficial online Lemmings game...
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2011, 12:19:22 AM »
No problem, glad to help :)

... and I just struck a whole lot more bugs :scared:

- Using a miner too near the top of the screen causes a freeze
- Builders can't be turned into bashers
- I just had an incidence of looping splatters ??? (though unlike bombers, this doesn't matter from a level solving perspective)
- When you make a blocker as soon as it lands from the entrance, the lemmings go most of the way through it and then turn around. Placing it slightly further right allows lemmings to pass through as normal.
- Placing a blocker slightly to the right again causes lemmings falling from the entrance to walk in mid air for a bit, and then fall and pass through the blocker. (The location seems to be very specific; the blocker's left arm is a little to the right of where the lemmings land.)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2011, 12:29:56 AM »
The game's only playing the can-can music, which gets pretty boring quickly. Shouldn't it also have the other tracks?

While I'm at it, some graphical thingies: a one-pixel thing at the bottom of the tunnel which doesn't affect anything – they still fall through – and the climbers acting weird at the top of the wall...

Offline bombsite

• View Profile
    • JS Lemmings
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2011, 12:32:36 AM »
Using a miner too near the top of the screen causes a freeze
That shouldn't be too hard to fix.  I'll do it ASAP.

- Builders can't be turned into bashers
I'm able to get builders to turn into bashers - I've just tested on 'A Ladder Would Be Handy'

I just had an incidence of looping splatters
I think you may need to see a doctor about that :D

- When you make a blocker as soon as it lands from the entrance, the lemmings go most of the way through it and then turn around. Placing it slightly further right allows lemmings to pass through as normal.
- Placing a blocker slightly to the right again causes lemmings falling from the entrance to walk in mid air for a bit, and then fall and pass through the blocker. (The location seems to be very specific; the blocker's left arm is a little to the right of where the lemmings land.)
I may need to change the blockers 'blocking area' slightly.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2011, 12:34:33 AM »
what the hell - pink entrance on a blue level??

also i'm unable to enter a username.

Offline bombsite

• View Profile
    • JS Lemmings
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2011, 12:37:20 AM »
The game's only playing the can-can music, which gets pretty boring quickly. Shouldn't it also have the other tracks?

I've checked in Chrome and IE and it's playing the correct song for each level.  What browser are you using?

While I'm at it, some graphical thingies: a one-pixel thing at the bottom of the tunnel which doesn't affect anything – they still fall through – and the climbers acting weird at the top of the wall...

I'll get those fixed.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2011, 12:41:45 AM »
I'm able to get builders to turn into bashers - I've just tested on 'A Ladder Would Be Handy'

I tried it again, and it still isn't happening.

Are you trying to enter a username with a space? It doesn't seem to like those.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2011, 12:42:50 AM »
Firefox.

And no, I can't even type in the box.

Here's another problem: this basher should have stopped a loooong time ago; he shouldn't be able to keep bashing with a tiny bit of the floor like that, he should need at least a few pixels height in front of him..

I also can't make a builder into a basher.

Offline bombsite

• View Profile
    • JS Lemmings
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2011, 12:49:17 AM »
what the hell - pink entrance on a blue level??

The correct doors should appear on each level now.

I'll fix that shortly.  You should be able to enter a username when you first load the page in the meantime.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2011, 04:04:53 AM »
I may have figured out what's wrong with the bashers. It looks as if they can only be used in places where they will destroy terrain. The game might be checking for terrain when you click the lemming (and not using the skill if there isn't any), whereas the check for terrain should only happen after a basher stroke. I guess you could argue that bashers shouldn't be used when there's nothing to bash (IIRC Lemmings 3D had such a restriction), but bashing at nothing is a good way of stopping other actions, or just stalling a lemming.

Also (unrelated), there's invisible water on level 15, along the bottom, in between the actual water. I got a nasty surprise when I dug too low :P

Offline bombsite

• View Profile
    • JS Lemmings
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2011, 08:51:44 AM »
I may have figured out what's wrong with the bashers. It looks as if they can only be used in places where they will destroy terrain.

OK, now I understand.  You can now 'bash' when there's nothing bashable in front of the Lemming  :)

Offline bombsite

• View Profile
    • JS Lemmings
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2011, 12:15:16 AM »
i'm unable to enter a username.

That's fixed now.  Spaces in user names are now allowed as well.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2011, 12:05:17 PM »
Lemmings seem to be landing on something above the blocker's head here. :-\

Also, on we all fall down, one should be able to crank the release rate up to 70-ish, and then an extra two lemmings should be able to walk off the edge of a half-dug hole and land safely. It's actually a vital strategy for the Taxing and Mayhem levels, in which there are many more lemmings. (I find it the level impossible to play without using this strategy, or the backroute that only works on the Mac/Genesis/SNES versions)

Also, I'm not finding the thing responsive enough, particularly when unpausing – it takes a few milliseconds after I've unpaused to register a click, which is too long.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2011, 08:34:46 PM »
Quote from: finlay
Also, I'm not finding the thing responsive enough, particularly when unpausing – it takes a few milliseconds after I've unpaused to register a click, which is too long.

In fact, the good thing would be to be able to assign a skill to a Lemming when paused, causing the game to unpause at the same time.

Also, Bashers stop bashing for no apparent reason. Screenshot below. In fact, there's so many things wrong with the Basher actually. I got it to bash through one pixel gaps or he may not stop when he SHOULD stop, especially when bashing over rounded surface like the crystal balls in "The Art Gallery". Sometimes, he lowers of a few pixels when it shouldn't be the case.

Other bugs:

- When a Lemming lands after a fall, he's into the surface of the floor instead of above.
- I don't know if it's my graphics card or if it's about the internet browser, but it's possible that blurry rows or columns of pixels remain which Lemmings can go through. In fact, in the case of a Basher, he may avoid falling if there's a one pixel blurry row of pixels under his paws while the other lemmings fall way behind him.
- When the Climber stops climbing and you assign him a Digger skill, for example, then he starts digging in the wall way below.
- I still got cases where Lemmings can cross a one pixel gap.
- When a builder hits something at his feet (generally a builder's stair) and stops building, he should turn around instead of walking forward. Also, the builder stops when there's still one pixel remaining to build.
- Like explained above, I got walkers to land over a blocker.
- Climbers, fallers and floaters shouldn't do their "oh no!" when they're about to blow (from Bomber or Armageddon). They should blow instantly.
- Diggers are still digging one more pixel below their feet, causing them to "float" in the air while digging.
- Climbers are still climbing "in the air" when there's a one pixel gap on the wall (as in "A ladder would be handy" at the right).
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2011, 12:27:41 PM »
- Climbers, fallers and floaters shouldn't do their "oh no!" when they're about to blow (from Bomber or Armageddon). They should blow instantly.
No, climbers should, but fallers and floaters shouldn't.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2011, 02:05:42 PM »
I know that under original versions of the game, they can, but preferably, they shouldn't. How could they stand on their feet and hold their shaking head... in the air ? ???
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...