Author Topic: Tseug's level pack  (Read 6442 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Tseug's level pack
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 10:03:28 PM »
I tried using the Lemmix player to do this. (are you supposed to use the player or the editor?) After some hee-hawin' around I copied your files and renamed them and a few other things (I was following instructions on the Lemmix site.) However when I go to replay the level in the program a message comes up saying: "invalid replay header different mechanics" I tried messing aroud with the txt file but I really don't know what to do. I couldn't find anything on the thread about that.
thanx for the solutions btw, almost forgot.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 10:15:56 PM »
Use the editor. When opening the level pack, right-click, Change Viewer Style -> Select Custom Lemmings.
Select level, press F2 to test, ingame press Shift+R to load a replay.
Replays should work then.

btw, interestingly enough, my solution to Slipping is completely different:

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 12:11:18 AM »
it works thanks  :thumbsup:

man...... I wouldn't call those glitches exactly either but... those are just some crazy ass techniques!  :o  this will be educational for sure. was Tseug an evil genius or something?  :P

-On "In Need of Scenery" when I played on the Lemmix player the lemming dies when it falls from the left platform. So apparently the player differs from the editor tester? And in certain versions this level is impossible?

btw, Does anybody know what the intended solutions are? Is Tseug here?

actually, I'd say "Ups and Downs" definitely utilizes the blocker glitch
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 02:22:19 AM »
was Tseug an evil genius or something?  :P

Haha, yes, I think both adjectives applied when it comes to this set. :P :-\

"In Need of Scenery" when I played on the Lemmix player the lemming dies when it falls from the left platform. So apparently the player differs from the editor tester? And in certain versions this level is impossible?

The set was originally meant to be played in CustLemm I think?  Currently only Lemmix supports CustLemm mechanics which has the slightly higher fall distance.  All the Lemmixplayers use the normal fall distances.

It is unfortunate though that the level does has this CustLemm-only fall height, I'll have to check and see if such a fall height was really necessary in the first place. :-\  Maybe it was to drive home which mechanics the levels were supposed to be played with?

btw, Does anybody know what the intended solutions are? Is Tseug here?

No, unfortunately he's been gone for years.  It doesn't help that the forum has changed homes quite a few times, people tend to get lost in the shuffle.  As for intention, all I can say is that if multiple people solved a level and ended up with basically the same solution, then it's very likely intended.  If not, then who knows?