Author Topic: US Elections  (Read 13485 times)

G3K

US Elections
« on: November 03, 2004, 04:29:32 PM »
Great... looks like the world is going to have to put up with George W. Jackass for another four years. That's another four years of stupidity, lies, obsession with oil, homophobia and general all-round hilarity on Dubya and Co.'s part.

Burn-iT

Re: US Elections
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 05:14:15 PM »
I totaly agree with you!
George Bush is probebly the worst president the us ever had!

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 05:28:08 PM »
I think that the election was unfair, they knew it would have a high turnout so what do they do? Take away some polling stations.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 07:35:36 PM »
<whine> No! not George W. B*tch! Damn. </whine>

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 08:45:02 PM »
:agree:

GWB = :x
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Andi

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 10:03:32 PM »
Die Bush! Die! Die! Die!

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 12:03:04 AM »
It's official, American really are the least intelligent people in the world. I honestly don't know which is worse, Bush being re-elected or the fact that the Democrats couldn't find even one person who could prevent Bush from being re-elected. Ugh.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 04:48:49 PM »
Did you know that Americans aren't just the least intelligent, but they're the most fat people in the world? I knew this from the movie Super Size Me.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Anatol

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004, 09:22:26 PM »
You know what I think would be funny? If La Pen became president of France!!!

G3K

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004, 10:18:22 PM »
I'm sure if that happened, I (and a lot of other people) would be storming down the Eurotunnel with weapons quicker than you could say "Sacre bleu, mate!"

remline

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004, 03:01:24 AM »
I'm sure glad that we get to choose based on our own interests, as opposed to European interests (which are often opposed to our own). Europe would love to see America diminish in power so their European Union New World Order can take control. Fortunately, most Americans are still sensible enough to not wish this upon themselves.

Burn-iT

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004, 05:15:03 AM »
lcuky for you americans europe does not have the power to  take over  :-(
here's a quick lesson in becoming a super-power:
- get a GOOD economy, until your the best of the world.
- you now have power.
- to keep power, get large military
This is the bad part, military cost lots of money.
The super-power wil now slowly lose it strength.
At a point an other country will get stronger and become the super-power.
thats why europe cant take over the economy is not good enough,(i'm not saying its bat, just not good enough for becomming super-power)
THe usa can only try to slow down the prosses of becoming les powerfull.
When you look at the world at the moment you can see china and other asian country becomming economicly powerfull. Scientist all agree that the next super-power will be an asian one, and probeply China.
To bad for the world that the us was doing a good job slowing this proses down, but now with bush fighting wars, it can only take some 20 years for asia to take over. (which will probeply be bad to  :-( )

G3K

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004, 05:03:31 PM »
remline, of COURSE you get to vote based on your country's interests. The hint is in the name.

"2004 [size=18]United States[/size] Elections"

As for the whole "OMG EUROPE IS LIKE GONNA TAKE OVER THE WORLD =(" statement... I'm not even going to bother.

remline

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2004, 07:41:20 PM »
Quote from: Burn-iT  link=1099499372/0#1 date=1099502055
I totaly agree with you!
George Bush is probebly the worst president the us ever had!

In a way, Lincoln was the worst president we've ever had. Local power out the window, all collected into the hands of the Feds.  :x

Conway

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2004, 09:13:03 PM »
I really couldn't care less who's ruling what country. They're all going to suck in one way or another, and the media will exploit that suction and try to convince everyone that a new ruler would be preferable for whatever reason. The general public will be turned against anyone in power because they believe (or at lease hope) there's a perfect human government out there. Believe me, there's not!

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2004, 09:13:48 PM »
Personally, I don't think any of us has done enough personal research from [several] independent sites to really see who's better, why, and what the heck is going on with stuff.  Better to leave that to the adults until it's our turn.

ABOUT AMREICAN STUPIDITY-

Yep.  We've got dumb people, unfortunately (and yet fortunately, because they help the economy by spending so much on stuff they don't need :D), they're still a minority, but, we probably have more people, who aren't necessarily stupid, but simply blinded to common logic, in America than any other country.  However, I'm guessing we don't have too many more.

ABOUT AMERICAN FAT PEOPLE-

Hmmmm...Not in my area, not so much.  Ohio is supposed to be the USA's fattest state...I can't say that's true.  Kentucky is probably the fattest.  I went there once.  Not a single skinny girl there.   They were all between highly pudgy to several rolls of fat.

ABOUT EUROPE TAKING OVER THE WORLD-

...................?!?!?!?????..................... LOL x 1,000,000.  Why the heck would Europe take over the world?  I don't think anyone has any real motivation to at the moment unless they're stupid.

ABOUT MEDIA-

Yeah, I completely agree.  Note, however: THE MEDIA IS DEMOCRAT.  Bush's approval rating before the media started jumping on him: 90%
after: 45%

G3K

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2004, 05:03:47 AM »
Better to leave that to the adults until it's our turn.

Personally, I like to think people's opinions matter regardless of age.

THE MEDIA IS DEMOCRAT.

What about FOX News? From what I've heard, they're intensely Republican.

As for the whole American stupidity issue, it's a worldwide thing - you'll always have the right-wing xenophobic "WE ARE BETTAR THAN YOU >=(" people wherever you go, unfortunately.

Andi

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2004, 11:31:25 AM »
European taking over the world? Why? I think the last thing I want is a "World Government".

Because of leaving the stuff to adults, I totally disagree you. G3K is right. Your opinion is also important as mine and everyone's in that forum. No matter the age. And if you don't know what's up until you're an adult, you'll be very helpless and might vote for the wrong one (or you don't vote at all).
The partys are going a lot for the young people because they are easy to manipulate. Most of them keep their manipulated opinion when they are grown up.

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2004, 06:13:58 PM »
Quote from: Andi  link=1099499372/15#17 date=1099827085
European taking over the world? Why? I think the last thing I want is a "World Government".

Because of leaving the stuff to adults, I totally disagree you. G3K is right. Your opinion is also important as mine and everyone's in that forum. No matter the age. And if you don't know what's up until you're an adult, you'll be very helpless and might vote for the wrong one (or you don't vote at all).
The partys are going a lot for the young people because they are easy to manipulate. Most of them keep their manipulated opinion when they are grown up.

I like to think of it this way. Right now, I am 1 months and 9 days away from the day I have to sell my soul to the Dubya adminsitration my 18th birthday. In other words, on Nov. 2, I was a month and 2 weeks too young to vote. On my 18th birthday (16 December), at 8:33 AM, I honestly don't expect myself to *snap!* become instantly mature, like the flick of a light switch. Maturity is relative. I've seen plenty of 12 year olds I'd MUCH rather hold discussions with than 22 year olds... because the 12 year olds are far more mature. Yet, it is the immature 22 year old who can vote. *sigh*

I know someone in my high school who voted for Bush because "Kerry is ugly". I wanted to punch her, right there, in the head. Ugh. Doesn't help that I live in Indiana, and that our vote was projected for Bush in February of 2001.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Andi

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2004, 07:55:34 PM »
Of course beeing 18 doesn't mean you are an adult now. I'm 16 and feel sometimes like an 8-year-old boy. :D

Anatol

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2004, 09:46:42 PM »
I don't really see a way we could solve the maturity issue, unfortunately. A test, perhaps?  :-/

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2004, 12:42:19 AM »
Maybe we should stop this thread-I can't see much good coming out of it. &#A0;This thread has just been causing several disagreements and it's giving me a headache. &#A0;Who else agrees?....

*cricket chirping*

@G3K &#A0;about the "we are better than you" thing...what do you mean? &#A0;I should look up xenophonic.

EDIT:  Never mind.  I looked it up, and it makes sense now.  As for me, I don't have an opinion on who has the best people, it doesn't really matter who is better than me or if I'm better.  I'm happy as is. :D

Andi

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2004, 03:34:37 PM »
I'm not sure if I should close this. Of course it makes disagreements, but isn't it better to talk about that? If I close every thread that causes disagreements, what should we talk about anymore? If you don't like the topic don't read it. I do the same with the religious arguments-topic. It made me a lot of headache.

G3K

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2004, 04:34:31 PM »
This makes for interesting reading.

What makes it scary is that the last time I took an IQ test on the internet I scored 150 O_o

Andi

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2004, 06:01:43 PM »
Interesting. Very interesting... O_o

Anatol

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2004, 09:27:55 PM »
The guy can't even write correctly:

"drawn by an individual whom"
:D

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2004, 01:33:04 AM »
Quote from: Anatol  link=1099499372/15#20 date=1099864002
I don't really see a way we could solve the maturity issue, unfortunately. A test, perhaps? &#A0;:-/

No, that would be racist, and biased against people who can't read. You know, because people who can't read are EXACTLY the kind of people who should be electing a President.

No wonder Bush won.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2004, 01:28:47 AM »
Heh...Now this topic has turned into a funny little IQ blurb.   :D

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2004, 12:58:45 AM »
I've heard that people are glueing waffles to John Kerry signs as if to emphasize that he is the king of flip flop! :D :D X_X O_O  This ,(i think) Makes no sense. if i put up a Kerry sign
(yeah right) and i saw a waffle on it, i would probably think, "Why is there a waffle on my sign?"

LemLem_REVO

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2004, 01:02:12 AM »
 &#A0;B) B)I am the secert service I will not let you pass B) B)

Why should you be doing what other people tell you to do because  they should get on the cia &#A0;:???: >:( ;P B) :D

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2004, 01:04:31 AM »
 :???: :)huh?What's that mean?oh , and Welcome to lemmings universe LemLemRevo! :D :lem4ever: :lem4ever:

LemLem_REVO

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2004, 01:07:56 AM »
[glb][/glb]why do we call george w. bush george (W.) bush :???:

edit by admin: ONE smilie is ENOUGH!

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2004, 01:09:19 AM »
It's politically correct to say George W. Bush. It's some wierd etiquette thing