Author Topic: ClamLix  (Read 91289 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: ClamLix
« Reply #150 on: November 05, 2017, 11:54:16 PM »
Attached is an archive with replays that I found, and two older versions of lix (I have more lying around, if some content needs a different version). Try if that works, if not I can dig a bit deeper.
Copy the graphics assets (tilesets) from the newest version of lix, I think very little has changed to existing tilesets, though I can also send the old Oriental tileset if needed.

When I try to run either of these I get "missing allegro-4.4.2-md.dll or alleg42.dll" but these dlls are present in the folder.

(I also had to download "zlib1.dll")
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2017, 10:33:59 AM »
mobius, I had similiar problems with geoo's versions but Simon provided an older version of Lix in reply #124:

C++ Lix 2016-06-02 can read both formats.

If you want to watch old replays you nevertheless have to be lucky that they are not desynched in that version.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:32:17 AM by Forestidia86 »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2017, 02:04:17 PM »
May not be necessary because

Eureka! I think I found the intended solution to Santas workshop.
Or the general idea at least. Must wait until​I get home to work it out.:thumbsup:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 08, 2017, 12:10:07 AM »
replay with what I believe is likely intended solution to Santa's workshop (or something similar). Uses all skills, all terrain features and elegant solution with no precision necessary. That's what the runners or for after all; to alleviate precision.*
How to fix the backroutes though is going to be difficult.

*note to self: make topic about runners. Too much runner hate going on.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2017, 03:31:08 AM »
Nice that you got it, mobius. With your hint from the IRC coverage I could get it myself but my particular way was more finicky (at least for me).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My backroute should be fixable since it is very tight and contingent. Proxima's way of solving on the other hand seems to be more engrained in the level.

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 10, 2017, 08:29:14 PM »
Just another solution to "Switchback Mountain", which is a variant of what I did in my original replay. (It does certain actions in another order.) It was inspired by Nepster's broken replay and I think is less fiddly and cleaner.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2017, 08:32:42 PM »
Here's a modification of Skyline Skydiving to make it work even without a time limit.

I don't remember how Time is Running out works and probably something similar could be done here, but then it's in Outtakes, so maybe not so important.

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2017, 09:30:15 PM »
Thanks for the fix, geoo.
I have attached a solution but that one is very tight.
Since the level is very big, it's a bit hard to realize what is going on at the beginning but nevertheless very nice fix.

"Time is Running out" seems to be meant to be an introduction to the runner skill. Many of those introductory levels that (just) require you to use a certain mechanic seem to be in the Outtakes category.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2017, 03:55:20 AM »
I'm planning a Lix release in the next days, but I'd still not include ClamLix yet. Nonetheless I'll gather all replays and changes since the 2017-10-31 compilation and package ClamLix in this thread.

-- Simon

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2017, 01:30:34 PM »
I'm planning a Lix release in the next days, but I'd still not include ClamLix yet. Nonetheless I'll gather all replays and changes since the 2017-10-31 compilation and package ClamLix in this thread.

1st Things that weren't considered in the first packaging:

- Fix to "Square Squabble" by mobius in reply #126 + solving replay by mobius
- TameLix was still included

2nd Things that are were provided after the packaging:

- Fix to "Death Slide" by you + solving replay (#141
- Replay to "Abridged Version (V2)" (#143)
- (Two) replays to "Fling me" (#146)
- Replay to "Abridged Inversion" + slight change to "Abridged Version (V1)" + solving replay  (#147)
- mobius replay to "Santa's Workshop" that seems to be at least close to the intended solution (#153) (This replay breaks in the fix by mobius of reply#160, but mobius therefore provided a working replay to that fix in the same reply (see below).)
- another solution to "Switchback Mountain", which seems a bit cleaner (#155)
- geoo's fix to "Skyline Skydiving" (#156)
- Replay to geoo's fix to "Skyline Skydiving" (#157)
- Fix by mobius to "Santa's Workshop" + solving replay (#160)
- Another solution to "Urban Ledge-End" (#164)
- Attempted fix to "Time is Running Out" and solving replay (#168) (This one really needs to be checked by someone more experienced than me.)

3rd Things still open:

- "Chaos Theory" and "Korean Border Crossing" have no solving replay (Maybe consider to cut these levels since "Chaos Theory" seems to have been luck based (at least reply #20 in this thread indicates that) and "Korean Border Crossing" seems to be designed for the other tileset (even if that doesn't exclude solvability)).

Edit: Added mobius fix to "Santa's Workshop" to the list. Thanks for that, mobius. Other things added, too.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:35:05 PM by Forestidia86 »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2017, 01:15:42 AM »
fix for Santa's workshop; also attached my replay. This layout is closer to the Lemmix version but still quite different and has some possible problems with the terrain but I removed some of the major problems (at risk of decreasing the pretty decoration).

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2017, 12:24:54 AM »
I looked at Forestidia86's replay to "Urban Ledge-End"

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 12:32:34 AM by mobius »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2017, 12:36:35 AM »
I looked at Forestidia86's replay to "Urban Ledge-End"

Hm, I thought that was the main trick in the level. The replay works with the C++-Lix version Simon provided but that version is relatively new. So Simon has to tell in the end.

Though mobius is probably right that this is not the fully intended solution.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2017, 12:50:48 AM »
Quote from: mobius
Was [mechanic discussed in spoiler] always possible in Lix?

Yes, that has always been possible.

-- Simon

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2017, 03:25:20 AM »
Attached another solution to "Urban Legde-End" that works without
and in some sense uses all the terrain but has another strange quirk therefore and doesn't need to use all skills.

Btw my backroute to "Shopping Cart Race" doesn't seem to work in the C++-Lix version:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 04:02:13 AM by Forestidia86 »