Author Topic: What's up?  (Read 2309 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
What's up?
« on: May 25, 2011, 09:38:36 PM »
Things have been crazy quiet around here the past few days.  Almost miss the SPAM...not! ;P

Sounds like everyone's preoccupied with other non-Lemmings stuff going on in their lifes?

For me, unfortunately it's just work stuff. :(  On the plus side, most TV shows I care about wrapped up already for the season [it has to do with how broadcast TV are scheduled in the US], so theoretically it should free up a little more time for me to do other stuff.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Re: What's up?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 02:39:53 AM »
I'm finishing up my senior year of high school.   Needless to say, it's a bit stressful.  Got a lot of preparation to do for the months ahead.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 06:24:40 AM »
Rubix's new levelset for Lix has kept me busy for the last few days, but it's not really appropriate to discuss it here since he hasn't actually released it yet (he put up a download link on the IRC so we could try it). And besides that, there are other games out there to distract me :)

Oh, and also, study. :(

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 01:42:42 AM »
I found out I failed my exit exam for my M.S. in stats. Damnit. I passed my classes though so now I'm waiting until December for another attempt at the exit exam.

Seriously I know what I did wrong guys why do I have to wait until DECEMBER to re-take it come on
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 01:58:38 AM »
geoo, the Admiral, and me are voicechatting, and we're having a blast about all the forum action tonight. This is the best soap opera.

Damnit, this is why Lix is procastinated all the time >_>

Steve: There is an urn with 7 red balls and 3 yellow ones. Now, 100 people will pass by this urn, everybody taking as many balls from it as he wants. What is the distribution and standard deviation? Plot the function and color the lower quantile in green color.

-- Simon

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 02:01:09 AM »
If I were modelling this -- I'd be like "sweet free balls" and take all ten, therefore leaving no balls for the other 99 people. So:

The mean of the first person's balls is 7 red, 3 yellow, with a standard deviation of zero. For the other 99, it's zero balls (maybe one may take the urn, I don't know), with a standard deviation of zero.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano