Author Topic: Unrepeated levels..  (Read 7623 times)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Unrepeated levels..
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 04:08:08 AM »
for BeastII I made an edit with 7 fewer of all tasks (3/3/3/3/8/3/3/3) but I think it might be possible with 2/2/2/2/7/2/2/2. I've been a couple tasks short each time I've tried -- maybe a better solver can test this?
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 06:31:37 AM »
Here's a solution that saves 98%. I quite like the idea actually, it makes you think about which skill to use where instead of just spamming bashers and builders, and you could easily apply it to other levels too.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 01:37:55 PM »
To complete the Just a Minute series, here's a repeat of Part 2.  Warning: it's challenge-level hard.  I think.

Of course the solution will work with Part 1's terrain, but the differences in skills and RR means you end up with very different solutions between my earlier Part 1 repeat and this Part 2 repeat.  So yeah, it's kinda like being repeated 4 times total, but at least it's better than We All Fall Down, right? :-\ ;P

Despite the difficulty, you actually don't need any ridiculous RR changes--or even the pause trick (but feel free to use it)!  I've attached a Lemmix replay of the solution I settled on.  With the pause trick or perhaps very precise RR changes, you might be able to get by with 1 less builder (but kinda boring in that case).

-----------

time: still 1 minute!
lemmings out/save: still 50/50
RR: 1
skills: 6 builders, 3 diggers

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 11:13:46 PM »
Done with 2 diggers to spare :)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 02:38:31 AM »
Ah, forgot to check the actual trigger area of that trap.  Well, at least your solution still retains the spirit of what I have in mind w.r.t to the building part, so I guess it's alright. :-\

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »
Here's an idea for Taxing 2, that (I hope :P) forces a solution by building over the water:

Save 72 of 80 (you can save a couple more)
3 minutes (though 2 is enough)
RR 70 (as before)
5 bombers, 5 blockers, 10 builders

Also, for Fun 22, there was a very neat challenge someone (LemSteven?) posted in a challenge thread once, which could work for a Mayhem+ difficulty repeat. I'd have to find it to be sure about the difficulty though, it might be too hard for what we're trying to achieve.

EDIT: found it
I posted this one a couple months ago on the old forums, but I'm going to post it again here for the benefit of some of the newer members:

Fun 22 -- Save 100% using the following skills:
1 Climber
2 Builders
2 Bashers
1 Miner
1 Digger

Yeah, probably too hard for Mayhem even, and backroute-ish too since you bash under most of the level. A better idea might be to encourage a route through the top of the level, by giving plenty of builders and blockers, and no terrain-removal skills except for a few bashers.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 10:38:13 AM »
If you've played The Parking Lot from LP DOS Project (PSYCHO 2), it originated as a repeat of Fun 3, but I decided to remake it in a different graphic style with some adjustments to avoid similarity to the original game levels too much.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 11:09:55 AM »
Here's one for Taxing 28:

Save 70 of 80 (though 72 is possible without much additional effort)
2 climbers, 2 floaters, 1 bomber, 8 builders
RR 1
3 minutes

Again, it's probably too hard for Mayhem (the solution seems to be fairly well hidden), but then so are most of the levels in this thread so far. So, maybe I should just stop worrying about that :P

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 07:59:49 PM »
The Genesis version might have a lot
Im guessing  ???
Oh no More lemmings probably has no repeated level
 ??? well thats what i think