Author Topic: Name the levels  (Read 11110 times)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Name the levels
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 10:39:39 AM »
lol if anyone actually gets Havoc 9 ever
Havoc 9 is easy, it's 6 of each letter. :P Wouldn't have known if I hadn't looked it up a while ago though.

I'm on level with ccexplore in ONML: got 32/100, which also beats my 24/120 from Original Lemmings.
I think I played ONML some more because the Original levels are just meh for most part. Had a mental image for almost all Havoc levels, but only remembered the names to half of them.

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 10:14:25 PM »
41/120 in 11 minutes

for the fact I never really played the original Lemmings thoroughly, I think that's quite nice  :thumbsup:

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 07:01:18 AM »
I haven't played Lemmings in a few months, let alone touched the port I was working on, but achieved a respective 62.

Have a look at what I remembered.

Adam Edit: Fixed link. :)
This Lemmings forum is simply *fabulous*!

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 07:10:55 PM »
I've not played in quite a while but through some fluke managed 110/120
Click here to see.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 12:02:36 AM »
Nice :)

My trouble was that I got stuck trying to remember the DOS levels, since I could only remember the SEGA Master System levels - and because of that, I got a mental block. Then I remembered about 20 more in the last couple of minutes. :D
This Lemmings forum is simply *fabulous*!

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 12:27:09 AM »
I did the same.. if I hadn't remade all the other levels, I wouldn't have gotten the non-SMS levels.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 09:07:07 PM »
Sorry to bump, but this was fun :)

I got an impressive 107/120. For all the remaining levels, I could picture them but couldn't remember the titles under time pressure:

Fun 15 Don't let your eyes deceive you
Fun 19 Take good care of my lemmings
Fun 25 Lemmings Lemmings everywhere
Tricky 1 This should be a doddle!
Tricky 3 A ladder would be handy
Tricky 4 Here's one I prepared earlier
Tricky 6 Lemmingology
Tricky 7 Been there, seen it, done it
Tricky 16 Luvly Jubly
Tricky 17 Diet Lemmingaid
Taxing 1 If at first you don't succeed...
Taxing 7 Every Lemming for himself!!!
Taxing 10 Izzie Wizzie Lemmings get busy

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 09:58:25 PM »
Okay, at last I gave these a go. I did ONML at first because it's a lot more familiar for me. The last time I played both these games was in 2012, and thus I was pretty satisfied with my score in ONML quiz. Those that I didn't get correct are written in red, and the time limit is 11 minutes in both these quizzes. I forgot Crazy14 and Wild7 entirely, and for the remaining three I just couldn't remember the names. Wicked19 was especially wicked, I didn't get the words in the correct order, I mess that one always with Mayhem5. :P On the other hand, I was happy to remember levels like Crazy12 and Wicked14, and I even rejoiced and waved when I got them correct! :P

Original Lemmings was a nightmare for me and I'm really ashamed with my result. :XD: I think I've known all the L1 and ONML levels by name two years ago, but now L1 was a bit too much for me. I didn't even realize "Been there, seen it, done it" (Tricky7) even though that has stood as my avatar text almost since I joined here. :P Not much else to say about this, I froze badly. Like in ONML quiz, the harder the rating was, the more I remembered of the levels.

Sorry for the disturbingly big images. :XD:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2019, 06:05:03 AM »
It's been a while, so just for fun I played both of these quizzes again today.

I got 120/120 on original Lemmings, and 99/100 on ONML, which was very surprising -- I thought my ONML knowledge was quite shaky, and indeed towards the end there were several gaps I was struggling with and just managed to fill in the nick of time! Crazy 12 was the only level that completely stumped me -- I doubt I would have got that even with another ten minutes of thinking time. It's such a forgettable level :P

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2019, 05:55:25 PM »
Here's another one I've found: Can you name all the skills from Lemmings 2: The Tribes? ^^

https://www.sporcle.com/games/HiddenPalace/lemmings2

I got 49/51 on the first attempt, so this might be on the easier side...

Anyone willing to do such a quiz for all the levels from Lemmings 3D? ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2019, 07:13:43 PM »
Here's another one I've found: Can you name all the skills from Lemmings 2: The Tribes? ^^

https://www.sporcle.com/games/HiddenPalace/lemmings2

I got 49/51 on the first attempt, so this might be on the easier side...

Anyone willing to do such a quiz for all the levels from Lemmings 3D? ;)

Sure, why not.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/namida42/lemmings-3d-levels

It accepts the alternate titles from the Saturn version as well as the regular ones, where applicable.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2019, 07:21:03 PM »
Got 43/51 on L2 skills. Not bad considering I've only ever played the game once or twice, visiting friends when I was in high school. But of course, I knew a lot of the skill names from forum discussion and their appearance in (or being suggested for) NeoLemmix.

The ones I missed were:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2019, 11:25:30 PM »
44/51 on L2.

misses:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With a little more time I'm pretty sure I can get all of them, as there isn't anything on my "miss" list that made me go, "huh what's that".  The thing that people likes to complain about the game, that some of the skills are too similar, actually kind of helps for this quiz, as recalling one makes you start thinking and recalling the variations.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2019, 12:00:14 AM »
That's actually quite a good website for the quizzing world, I've not used it that much myself but was wondering how strict it is with the spelling.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2019, 12:53:29 AM »
Depends entirely on how the quiz designer sets it up. Each question has a "main" answer that is what gets displayed, but you can also set up alternative answers that are accepted and converted into the main answer. For instance, the correct title of Wicked 2 is "Inroducing Superlemming", but you could set it up to accept "Introducing Superlemming" or even just "Superlemming".

Capital letters and punctuation are always ignored.