Lemmings Boards > Help & Guides

Lemmings 1 music problem in DOSBox

<< < (2/5) > >>

Simon:
Here it is.

-- Simon

ccexplore:
Oh good, save me the work of digging it up on my own computer.

By the way, the music problem is not a DOSBox bug, but a bug in the game itself.

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on 2011-02-26 21:31:30 ---
--- Quote from: finlay on 2011-02-26 08:58:29 ---That tune is from Canon in D???

--- End quote ---

I'm not 100% sure but I've heard the Canon in D connection bandied about. If you listen to the two songs you can sort of hear one in the other if you listen carefully.
--- End quote ---

Basically it uses the same chord progression (or in more modern parlance, the same bass line) as the Canon in D, but the melody is pretty much brand new.

Scott5114:

--- Quote from: Simon on 2011-02-27 07:00:31 ---Here it is.

-- Simon

--- End quote ---

Thanks a bunch!  I'm using the #3 fix. Always used to bother me when I'd use a code to jump ahead to a particular level and it'd have the "wrong" music.... 

--- Quote from: ccexplore on 2011-02-27 10:09:48 ---Oh good, save me the work of digging it up on my own computer.

By the way, the music problem is not a DOSBox bug, but a bug in the game itself.

--- End quote ---

Interesting... I never had that issue when I was playing it in actual DOS, so I assumed there was a discrepancy between the DOSBox API and the true MS-DOS API.

ccexplore:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on 2011-02-27 11:42:25 ---
--- Quote from: ccexplore on 2011-02-27 10:09:48 ---By the way, the music problem is not a DOSBox bug, but a bug in the game itself.
--- End quote ---

Interesting... I never had that issue when I was playing it in actual DOS, so I assumed there was a discrepancy between the DOSBox API and the true MS-DOS API.
--- End quote ---

It's easy to remember little details like that wrong.  When was the last time you played the game in actual DOS?  Anyway, I know LemSteven still has an old computer where he can play Lemmings on actual DOS, maybe he can confirm whether or not the music problem occurs.

It's also possible that maybe the copy of the game you are now using is different from what you were using before.  Some copies of the game has the copy protection removed, it's conceivable you get the music problem as a side effect, though when I changed the game to fix it, I don't remember seeing any connection between the code responsible with any copy protection related stuff.

LemSteven:
I don't have the music problem in actual DOS. 

Also note that it is installed from of the original copy-protected 3.5-inch floppy, so it very well could be an issue with the hacked version of the game, rather than the hardware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version