Author Topic: PSP - Is it worth it?  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
PSP - Is it worth it?
« on: December 18, 2010, 07:21:05 PM »
Okay, I've bought all my Christmas presents, I've just been paid and have a bit of money left over. Is it worth getting a PSP? Of course, Lemmings is on there, but I don't want to get a console just for one game. That'd be like getting a PS3 just for Lemmings, or getting a Sky subscription just to watch Sky One.

Are there any other Lemmings style games on the PSP? Of course, I could research it myself, but I'd rather see if folk here enjoy using their PSPs.

Offline Lemmy556

• View Profile
Re: PSP - Is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 07:54:18 PM »
As I know Psp version is same as Ps2 version without Eyetoy levels. I heard that Ps3 version of Lemmings is crap. Havent played it so I dont know.. I have planned to buy both 8) I just need money

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 03:52:51 PM »
I enjoyed the PSP version of Lemmings.  I dunno of any other PSP Lemmings-like games, but I can't say I've extensively looked either.

My opinion, personally, is that the PSP isn't worth it unless you mod it.  If you get an older PSP-2000 or PSP-1000 model, it's relatively easy to softmod.  I modded mine and now I use it as my go-to handheld because of the wealth of emulators and ported games.  Plus it can play almost any PS1 game that way.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:54:01 AM »
With the PSP 3000, you'll have better control of that plus + thing that you control in Lemmings. When it comes to moving the cursor diagonally with the PSP 1000, you can only move it top right. Other directions won't work. You can move in any direction diagonally with the PSP 3000.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.