Other Lemmings Projects > Levels for other engines

Mindless's Level Database for Lemmix/Lemmini

(1/5) > >>

Adam:
With great thanks to Mindless, I'm pleased to announce that you can now upload your Lemmix/Lemmini levels to the Lemmings Level Database.

Please do not post/announce your level packs in this topic. Make your own topic for that purpose.

EDIT by namida: Just want to make it clear, the level database only supports Lemmix and Lemmini; not NeoLemmix, SuperLemmini or Lix (though SuperLemmini may work to a degree due to similarity with Lemmini format).

Mindless:
Not that there's been a lot of activity on either the database or Lemmini, but I have added Lemmini level support -- just upload a .zip of .ini files.  Screenshots still use the DOS Lemmings graphics though.

Mindless:
I had to migrate the database to a newer version of Google App Engine, which apparently changed all the keys and broke any external links to level packs.  As far as I know, there's nothing I can do to fix the links.  Just know that if you get a server error following a link to the database, the content is probably still there, you'll just have to dig for it a little.

Edit:  On the upside, I've added a filter-by-name-prefix feature so you don't have to wade through the list if you know what you're looking for.

Akseli:
Lemmings Level Database is a very functional, clear place for uploaded levelpacks and I have downloaded and tried about 45 levelpacks from there so far. If a lemmings player doesn't know which/whose levelpacks he/she wants to play, the pictures of the levels and the possible description of the pack give some hint whether the levelpack suits for the players' taste or not. Then there are these ratings for enjoyability and difficulty, but very few people have rated any pack.

Popularity for uploading levels has decreased a lot in last 1,5 years, and I'm not sure how enthusiastic you people are to play levels from the Database anymore. But if there come new players (and why not the old players want to play these too, still), it could be nice if many people would rate the levelpacks by difficulty and make thus easier for people to choose levelpacks for their taste. I don't find the enjoyalibity as important as the difficulty. Enjoyability is much more subjective (so it's hard to measure well) than difficulty, and I think all levelpack uploaders want their levels to be fun to play, so it wouldn't be very nice if somebody rates enjoyability of other person's levelpack with one or two stars, for example.

But now I'm asking people's opinions for the difficulty scale issues. I thought that I could rate a lot of levelpacks by difficulty and maybe help some less played players to find out how tough the levels in those packs are. So, do we have a general consensus of the difficulty scale with the stars in these ratings? Or do all people want to rate by their own preferences...? Is e.g. this scale a good choice:

1 star = Original Lemmings rating Fun
2 stars = Tricky
3 stars = Taxing
4 stars = Mayhem
5 stars = Significantly above Mayhem

For example, there's a popular levelpack "ISteve10" which has received two 5-star ratings in difficulty. I've played this pack and I agree with this that the difficulty of the pack is above L1 Mayhem rating. But then there are e.g. packs like "1tseug", "geooPk0" and "CSTame1", which I found SIGNIFICANTLY harder than ISteve10. So, we can also maybe suppose that the players playing Lemmings Level Database levels are experienced lemmings players (have played the original games), the difficulty scale could also be like this:

1 star = Fun/Tricky
2 stars = Taxing
3 stars = Mayhem
4 stars = Significantly above Mayhem
5 stars = Significantly above 4 stars rating (like these tseug and geoo packs )

Or the scale could be even more accurate with the higher tiers.

This might be a little bit too unessential or pedantic reply for the other forum people, but does anyone have opinions or something to say for these issues? I'm probably going to rate lots of levelpacks in the Database soon.

mobius:
I would appreciate that. [I'm probably alone on that tho. I think all the other regulars have played all of them already.
One reason I don't just download every pack and play them all is because I don't have time to waste* on packs that I wouldn't really want to play sorting through packs that I'd like.

I like your latter rating system except how about adding 0 for "fun" and 1 can be just "tricky"

*I don't mean to suggest that anything to do with Lemmings is a waste. that is blasphemous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version