Author Topic: Setting up Lemmix  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Setting up Lemmix
« on: November 26, 2010, 04:58:07 PM »
I'm giving Lemmix another try because I feel like making replay videos. I downloaded Lemmix from this site: http://www.ericenzwaan.nl/eric/lemmings/lemmix.htm What I don't get is how do I start using the editor? I keep getting this message saying: The system cannot find the file specified.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
Re: Setting up Lemmix
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 01:26:10 PM »
Only thing I can think of is a style problem, maybe.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 06:46:40 PM »
It's probably the .ini file that's set up wrong. This file tells the editor where to look for terrain and object data files. There were some examples of working .ini files on the old forum, though sadly that's offline at the moment.

I'd post mine right now, but I'm at my other computer, which doesn't have Lemmix on it.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 12:34:45 AM »
Unlike LemmixPlayer for playing, the Lemmix level editor requires you to have the various versions of PC Lemmings installed on your computer, and even then you need to edit the "LemmixStyles.ini" to make sure it points to the right folders on your computer where you installed the various PC Lemmings game.

For that reason, it's unfortunately not something you can simply download and unzip and expect to work.

If I have time, I'll try to upload a copy of the editor that also includes all the various files from PC Lemmings, to simplify the setup required.  Stay tuned!

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 03:38:16 PM »
I remember Lemmix needing Lemmini to play the levels. I forgot how to install Lemmini because of the source and target path.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 08:15:33 AM »
I just realised there's a sample LemmixStyles.ini file on this forum. If you have all the terrain/object data files, then this might work for you (otherwise you'll have to wait for ccexplore to upload a full working build).

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 08:57:50 PM »
Sorry for dropping the ball on this, but I've simply been too busy.  I'll try again this week.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 03:42:30 AM »
Alright, I got some time for this now.  I've created a zip file that contains the version of Lemmix on Erik's website, plus the data files for the various DOS Lemmings games (Lemmings, ONML, the 4 Xmas packs, and CustLemm).  Note that data files for non-DOS games like WinLemm and Lemmini are not included, because I don't have those files on the computer at the moment.

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS, READ NOW AND READ THIS FIRST, BEFORE PROCEEDING!

When you extract files from the zip file, you need to specify exactly the folder to extract it to, otherwise Lemmix will not find the various files it needs.  Specifically, the zip file is set up to be extracted exactly into a folder named "Lemmix" (minus surrounding quotation marks) right under your C drive.  If you use Windows to unzip, this means when it asks for the folder to extract files to, you type "c:\Lemmix" (minus the surrounding quotation marks).  Proceed similarly with other unzip programs you may use.

You cannot move the files from c:\Lemmix folder to anywhere else.  If you do, then you need to go into the "LemmixStyles.ini" file in a text editor (eg. Notepad), and replace all instances of "c:\Lemmix" with the path to whatever new folder you moved the files into.  Of course, if you are able to do that, then you probably didn't have trouble setting up Lemmix before, so the fact that you need this means you should absolutely avoid deviating from my instructions.

-------------------------

Anyway, now that we got that out of the way, here's the link where you can download:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/7/15/2915232/Lemmix.zip

Let me know if you have any issues.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 01:25:26 PM »
It's working now, thanks a lot.  :thumbsup: I can see a terrain piece, which means the editor is working.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.