Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pak topic  (Read 170995 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Cheapo Level Pak topic
« Reply #540 on: July 09, 2005, 12:39:03 PM »
Possibly you have an old version of the style. I know the Lemmus styles have been updated once or twice; Isu had problems with one of my BricksLemmus levels once.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 09, 2005, 11:55:02 PM »
It seems the link that Ahribar gave me is now broken, so I've uploaded the Lemmus styles on my site: http://www.geocities.com/piainp/Lemmings.html.

They should stay there unless I have a very good reason to take them off, which I doubt.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 10, 2005, 02:09:52 PM »
Strange, it still doesn't work. :???:
Chaotic 11 "The razor's revenge" doesn't work either.
It uses CrystalLemmus.sty
Any suggestions?

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 10, 2005, 04:25:11 PM »
I'll have a look at it...

Err, Sorry. An error on my part. I just checked the file and the zip had the old versions of the styles. It's been corrected now, same link. It should now be fine.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 10, 2005, 06:50:01 PM »
Ah...thank you, it's working now.
Also, looking through this thread I downloaded Insane Steve's first version of the sets including the styles needed, I only had the modified version.
So I don't need the shadow and the Chronicles styles anymore.

Steve, if I read correctly, you also made some other sets/levels for Cheapo, didn't you?
I just looked it through quickly, so I may have understood something wrong, but I read about "MS Paint adventure" and also some others, I can't remember?
So, if they really exist, can you tell me where to find those, please?
Or send to geoo89(ad)gmail(dod)com

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 22, 2005, 08:03:47 PM »
I haven't been working on Style Trial much lately, I'm all out of level ideas!

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 22, 2005, 08:40:19 PM »
Ya, there's four "rare" sets I made: The "ISWorld" set (That I made along with the ISWorld Style), with 25 levels, the "Do the Mario!" set, which uses the NES Super Mario Bros. style I made [15 levels], the "Mario Party Tribute" set, with a bunch of horribly unfair levels with the SMB style [7 levels], and "Insane Steve's MS Paint Adventure!," which is a bunch of levels made in MS Paint [10 levels]. The last level, Ramico's Revenge, is one of the last levels in the Notebook sets and is actually the inspiration behind the ISWorld style. They're considered "rare" sets because I haven't posted the links to them in years, and a lot of the "newer" members don't have them yet.

I'll upload and post these sets again sometime.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #547 on: July 26, 2005, 12:28:46 PM »
A preview of my 200 level set is available here.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 26, 2005, 04:28:34 PM »
Great, so where have you been lately?

200 levels eh?
I am a firm believer of quality over quantity. I am not interested in the release of this set as of yet since I'm afraid that if you have many levels in a set the quality of these levels will drop. Maybe I'll have a different opinion after I've played the set. ;)

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #549 on: July 26, 2005, 04:53:55 PM »
I'm going to reduce it to 75, mainly to keep up the quality. Did you all miss me?

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 12, 2005, 06:39:18 PM »
Here's something to keep you cheapo players busy for a while.

I'll warn you now, It took me the best part of 4 months to solve this. This is probably the most difficult level I have ever made, although you might not find it so hard. The funny thing is, no cheap trick needs to be used and there is no hidden trap or exit. What you see is what you get, or so they say.

ccexplore (guest) should have a go at this. I'm curious as to how long it'd take him since he seems to be the best player here.

Anyway, play it, and see what you think.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 12, 2005, 07:39:42 PM »
There are way too many things going on right now in both my non-Lemmings and Lemmings part of life, but I'll see if I can spare some minutes to look at your level this weekend.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 12, 2005, 07:41:54 PM »
And keep in mind that there's "hey yeah, I didn't think of doing that" kind of tricky, and then there's "You're forced to do pixel-precise bombing 80 times" kind of tricky.  Hopefully your level is more of the former than the latter.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 12, 2005, 07:49:50 PM »
Well, it seems (at its current status) like a strange level to me.
I solved it at the third or fourth try, so...backroute?
I send you a constructed (to show the whole level) screenshot soon, and maybe a short description per PM, although it's quite very obvious what I did looking at the screenshot.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 12, 2005, 08:01:19 PM »
I've just solved it, only took a few tries. 4 builders, 2 bashers, and 16 seconds left. I must assume that it's a backroute, what I did was very straightforward...

Edit: geoo beat me to it. I'm guessing I did it the same way he did, but I can't say for certain.