Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pak topic  (Read 170855 times)

Special_Gunpowder

Re: Cheapo Level Pak topic
« Reply #480 on: May 18, 2005, 05:22:07 PM »
Quote from: guest  link=1089162351/465#478 date=1116305504
So it would be nice if you restrain yourself in using such, um, colorful comments about forum posters so freely. &#A0;Though I suppose you're probably just going to say you're "joking".

Tough crowd!  B)

drumnbach

« Reply #481 on: May 19, 2005, 01:03:58 PM »
You must have all found backroutes on "Oh Well", because my intended solution utilises the wooden moon.

Conway

« Reply #482 on: May 19, 2005, 01:32:10 PM »
That's impossible! It's not even reachable with only 4 builders! O_o

Anyway, was my solution to Well I Never a backroute?

edit: Oh, I see you've edited Well I Never. Anyway, it still has a backroute. Just make Lem2 from the bottom build to turn instead.

drumnbach

« Reply #483 on: May 19, 2005, 01:53:52 PM »
Sorry dude, I thought I'd replied. Yep it was a backroute, although I'm starting to think that Well I Never is the most backroute prone level ever. I'll see what I can do with it when I get home.

Conway

« Reply #484 on: May 19, 2005, 02:02:43 PM »
Any hints on how the half-moon is used in Oh Well, or was it just a joke?

Special_Gunpowder

« Reply #485 on: May 19, 2005, 05:31:48 PM »
There's a teleporter in the half moon, which can be reached via an invisible teleporter in the big abyss at the bottom left of the level. You have to time your lemmings right in order to reach it, otherwise they'll just fall down and die.

drumnbach

« Reply #486 on: May 19, 2005, 06:13:51 PM »
There is actually a surplus of umbrellas behind the wooden moon that, once collected, can be used to save the remaining three lemmings. You have to get there quick though, so try seperating the lemmings into two groups and assign them their own dimensions. Use the '>>' control to increase the speed at which time moves forward in the former dimension, and use the 'paws' control to stop those lemmings in the latter dimension, creating a Bernard's Watch style scenario.

Conway

« Reply #487 on: May 19, 2005, 07:13:39 PM »
I'll take that as a yep!

drumnbach

« Reply #488 on: May 19, 2005, 07:17:12 PM »
Heheheh. (check your PMs :D)

Special_Gunpowder

« Reply #489 on: May 19, 2005, 07:33:57 PM »
Quote from: drumnbach  link=1089162351/480#486 date=1116526431
There is actually a surplus of umbrellas behind the wooden moon that, once collected, can be used to save the remaining three lemmings. You have to get there quick though, so try seperating the lemmings into two groups and assign them their own dimensions. Use the '>>' control to increase the speed at which time moves forward in the former dimension, and use the 'paws' control to stop those lemmings in the latter dimension, creating a Bernard's Watch style scenario.

So THAT's the way. I did wonder why the teleporter method wouldn't work.

Conway, was it you who found backroutes to my levels "Inside The Lemming Tank" and "Don't be late for church!" or was it Insane Steve? At any rate, my updated Why Bother? has had a go at eliminating those backroutes so do give them another go if you haven't already.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 19, 2005, 08:35:58 PM »
I haven't passed either level, so I think Conway found those backroutes.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 03, 2005, 09:20:19 PM »
I have another level I'd like to test out a bit. I'm thinking this is either going to be late 3rd set or middle 4th set.

Download here.

The level is called 3M, so it'll be right on top of your level list.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 04, 2005, 07:15:21 AM »
No it won't -- two of my level titles begin with quotation marks.  :D

Neat-looking level..... I'm not going to try to solve it just yet, since with so much building involved it might take some time, but I'll have a go as soon as I get the chance!

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 04, 2005, 12:03:59 PM »
Not on top of my level list either, my levels that start with a 1 or 2 are above it.
I tried your level and I ran out of builders halfway through:-(. I s'pose when you think about it, you can only use 13 builders per section, It'll take some brainpower to figure.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 04, 2005, 01:47:35 PM »
Ouch, it's hard!

I figure if you had only climbers, floaters and builders you'd need at minimum 79 builders, so it's a matter of working out where to use the other skills to save as many as possible........