Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pak topic  (Read 171012 times)

drumnbach

Re: Cheapo Level Pak topic
« Reply #465 on: May 14, 2005, 10:54:57 AM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1089162351/450#464 date=1116060574
I don't have the right style for the dirt-looking levels........

http://www.freewebs.com/toadontheroad/lem-dirt.sty

I've uploaded the styles you need to run the level packs on my site.

Download my new level pack from here:
http://www.freewebs.com/toadontheroad/lemreal.set

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 15, 2005, 07:01:01 PM »
Your design style is quite unique, I must say. I like it.

I haven't had as much time as I'd like to play the levels, though, so I can't offhand comment on them quite yet. The levels are nice-looking, though, I will say that much.

And I'm still completely baffled by "Oh Well."  X_X
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Conway

« Reply #467 on: May 15, 2005, 11:21:35 PM »
OoooH, what a fun-packed level set! :D I've passed all except Ben's House and Oh Well.

Blue - Orange - A fun level to begin with, complicated design, but simplified by the numerous skills, so it can be done in dozens of different ways.

Stuck Inside O Mobile with Memphis Blues - Imaginative title, this time with a much tighter restriction of skills and time.

Umbrella Gun - I has to use 'pause', sorry! But I was using the touch-pad of a laptop, which is much more difficult than a mouse. I like the idea of this level, and it's cool having to catch lemmings falling up as well as down.

The Well Fills - I just LOVE the well effect! B)

Do not Adjust your Television Set - Cool design, and slightly tricky to figure out.

Well I Never - Another one where you have to make the most of limited skills. I'm not sure if I used a backroute, but I was able to have a basher or a builder spare.

Asda vs. Tesco - Cool title! Are you supposed to get each group into a different exit? I found it easier to just get them all into one.

Ballero - Hmmm . . . It seems very easy for the last level. I think I may have used a backroute. Here's a screenshot.

Cool pack! Any chance of a hint for Ben's House and Oh Well? In Oh Well, am I supposed to get a lemming over the pillar and turn him back to mine through it?

drumnbach

« Reply #468 on: May 16, 2005, 12:38:23 AM »
Steve cheers man. I've never played "Oh No!" so my use of the Oh No styles are bound to be a little bit strange &#A0;:D

Conway: Thanks man. Wow that's one big daddy of a backroute. I've uploaded the revised version of Ballero: http://www.freewebs.com/toadontheroad/lemreal.set

As a footnote to this great event, Gunpowder's revised version of Why Bother was also uploaded to my site today: http://www.freewebs.com/toadontheroad/lemwhybother.set

PS Could you pm the screen shot to your solution of "Well I Never"?

Special_Gunpowder

« Reply #469 on: May 16, 2005, 12:42:13 AM »
Yeah, sorry it took so long to revise Why Bother?. To cut a long story short and make it somewhat inaccurate in the process, I couldn't be bovril.

drumnbach

« Reply #470 on: May 16, 2005, 01:02:47 AM »
Very few of us have what it takes to be bovril.

Bovril: Could you?

« Reply #471 on: May 16, 2005, 06:30:28 AM »
I've only played "Oh Well" so far, and I've gotta say, you won the award for sneakiest use of terrain on that level, hands-down.  B)

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the other ones.

Special_Gunpowder

« Reply #472 on: May 16, 2005, 11:51:17 AM »
Quote from: guest  link=1089162351/465#471 date=1116225028
I've only played "Oh Well" so far, and I've gotta say, you won the award for sneakiest use of terrain on that level, hands-down. &#A0;B)

Yeah, that wooden moon knocks me for six every time. ;)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 16, 2005, 01:01:54 PM »
Eh?

Conway

« Reply #474 on: May 16, 2005, 07:55:33 PM »
Ben, it might be easier if I explain my solution to Well I Never through pm. It's quite short.

« Reply #475 on: May 16, 2005, 11:39:09 PM »
Quote from: Special_Gunpowder  link=1089162351/465#472 date=1116244277
Yeah, that wooden moon knocks me for six every time. ;)

Well to clarify, I wasn't actually talking about the moon at all.  But I'd say the moon is a creative use of terrain.  Nothing sneaky about that though.

Special_Gunpowder

« Reply #476 on: May 16, 2005, 11:47:56 PM »
Quote from: guest  link=1089162351/465#475 date=1116286749
Well to clarify, I wasn't actually talking about the moon at all. &#A0;But I'd say the moon is a creative use of terrain. &#A0;Nothing sneaky about that though.

And to clarify, I was making a joke. However, like Ahribar, you seem to have a huge runway installed in your forehead that leads over the top of your skull and beyond, and has a big sign next to it with an arrow pointing up the runway and the words "Jokes go this way" written on it.

Which, incidentally, is also a creative use of terrain. ;)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 17, 2005, 12:47:37 AM »
Quote from: Special_Gunpowder  link=1089162351/465#476 date=1116287276

And to clarify, I was making a joke. However, like Ahribar, you seem to have a huge runway installed in your forehead that leads over the top of your skull and beyond, and has a big sign next to it with an arrow pointing up the runway and the words "Jokes go this way" written on it.

Which, incidentally, is also a creative use of terrain. ;)

I suddenly have a new level idea...  ;P

And I finally made -some- prgoress on Oh Well -- I just need to figure out a way to do one simple thing, and that should be possible using the terrain somehow. Nice level.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

« Reply #478 on: May 17, 2005, 04:51:44 AM »
Quote from: Special_Gunpowder  link=1089162351/465#476 date=1116287276

Actually for your information, I understood perfectly what you were saying.  My clarification was mainly for the benefit of Ahribar, and more importantly, for Drumbach so he knows what my comment really means, so that he knows what aspects of the level I was complimenting.  You may note that I was clarifying my own comment and not yours, for which I don't really give a rat's ___.

So it would be nice if you restrain yourself in using such, um, colorful comments about forum posters so freely.  Though I suppose you're probably just going to say you're "joking".

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 17, 2005, 02:23:29 PM »
There is, to the right of the level (small round wooden piece). You can't miss it!