Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pak topic  (Read 170817 times)

Re: Cheapo Level Pak topic
« Reply #390 on: April 23, 2005, 08:05:54 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1089162351/375#384 date=1114254566
So what about levels with multiple backroutes? Should the backroute-forcing version aim to force a particular one or just to prevent the main solution?

I always had in mind to force one particular route per version of the level; however, I have no objections to simply preventing the main solution instead.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 23, 2005, 08:13:51 PM »
Sorry if I am interrupting the back-route set discussion, but...

Since I don't know if I'll have the time to actually FINISH these sets, I'm going to post the "2/3 complete" version of these sets. The files "ISDifficult," "ISMenacing," "ISChaotic," and "ISHopeless" are the level set files, the other files are style files. If, for some reason, you can't play a level, tell me which one... and I'll see what style I forgot.

Ok, I'll admit that the titles of the first two sets is a misnomer, but I started with these names as a 10 year old when I thought they were harder levels.

Download here. -- Enjoy! There's 80 levels total.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 24, 2005, 01:05:27 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1089162351/375#389 date=1114279735
Four, my friend. Four. &#A0;:D

Four!?! &#A0;=8O

I only knew of three:
  • The one where you bomb a blocker
  • The one where you go under
  • The one you told me.
Time for another look...

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 24, 2005, 01:15:26 PM »
"The one where you bomb a blocker"? What's that?

And I'm not going to reveal the fourth solution; on my backroute-preventing version it will be _the_ solution, so I'll let you discover it!

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 24, 2005, 01:21:11 PM »
Thats the one where you bash the first two pillars (or candlesticks) and mine the second, while a climber builds the rest of the route and you bomb a blocker to get rid of the stairs, so the other lemmings can exit. I believe that is the intended solution.

And I'm not going to reveal the fourth solution; on my backroute-preventing version it will be _the_ solution, so I'll let you discover it!

Great, thats more puzzling for me to do.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 24, 2005, 01:31:21 PM »
I see. But using a blocker isn't essential to that solution -- you could mine and then build the stairs at the end. (Or slightly easier: climb the first pillar, bash the second, mine the third, mine/build the stairs, build over the gaps, THEN bash the first pillar.)

But I'm quite sure that's not the intended solution!!!

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 24, 2005, 01:35:16 PM »
Really? When I first completed the level that was the method in which I did it

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 24, 2005, 02:03:04 PM »
That's one of my aims in this set -- to make people realise that the way they always did a certain level ain't always the only one.  :D

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #398 on: April 24, 2005, 03:45:41 PM »
My latest level pack is available here

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 24, 2005, 06:18:09 PM »
Adam, I'm not sure you even played all of your levels before releasing your set. Actually, I'm sure you haven't, because Level 25 doesn't have any trapdoors... But here's my review of some of the levels (except some remakes and a couple that I didn't play.)

Other comments:
Level 3: Why do you need the hidden exit? I managed to save them both in the visible exit.

Level 4: What style does this use? (I don't think I have it.)

Levels 5 and 19: Hint, please!? I can't imagine how you can do that with only 2 diggers, but maybe I'm missing something... Also: They're not "very symmetrical". Look at the center of level 5, they're not even. And the window placement in both levels is off (not the same on both sides). :P

Level 6: This one was kind of fun.

Level 7: I still think this one is too easy, maybe you should give fewer builders...

Level 8: Stuck on this one... It doesn't seem like you have enough builders, but... &#A0;I'll have to try again...

Level 10: This one went from literally impossible (old version) to way too easy!

Level 11: You could have made this harder by having a tighter time limit...

Level 14: Probably my favorite of the set, but you give too many tools for it to be difficult.

Level 15: The time limit is very tight... I'll have to think about this one some more.

Level 20: ??? It seems like you have either not enough builders or not enough bashers. Tricky...

Level 25: No trapdoor = no lemmings = not possible!

Level 26: Why do you only require 59/60 and give two extra builders if the point is supposed to be perfection? (I have a slight idea about the extra builders, but not the 59/60...)

Level 27: Why is this even here? Seriously... At least Fun 5 was fun to play...

Level 30: Sorry, I don't have the patience right now :P

Now off to try Insane Steve's sets...

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #400 on: April 24, 2005, 06:41:34 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1089162351/390#399 date=1114366689
Adam, I'm not sure you even played all of your levels before releasing your set. Actually, I'm sure you haven't, because Level 25 doesn't have any trapdoors... But here's my review of some of the levels (except some remakes and a couple that I didn't play.)

Other comments:
Level 3: Why do you need the hidden exit? I managed to save them both in the visible exit.

Level 4: What style does this use? (I don't think I have it.)

Levels 5 and 19: Hint, please!? I can't imagine how you can do that with only 2 diggers, but maybe I'm missing something... Also: They're not "very symmetrical". Look at the center of level 5, they're not even. And the window placement in both levels is off (not the same on both sides). :P

Level 6: This one was kind of fun.

Level 7: I still think this one is too easy, maybe you should give fewer builders...

Level 8: Stuck on this one... It doesn't seem like you have enough builders, but... &#A0;I'll have to try again...

Level 10: This one went from literally impossible (old version) to way too easy!

Level 11: You could have made this harder by having a tighter time limit...

Level 14: Probably my favorite of the set, but you give too many tools for it to be difficult.

Level 15: The time limit is very tight... I'll have to think about this one some more.

Level 20: ??? It seems like you have either not enough builders or not enough bashers. Tricky...

Level 25: No trapdoor = no lemmings = not possible!

Level 26: Why do you only require 59/60 and give two extra builders if the point is supposed to be perfection? (I have a slight idea about the extra builders, but not the 59/60...)

Level 27: Why is this even here? Seriously... At least Fun 5 was fun to play...

Level 30: Sorry, I don't have the patience right now :P

Now off to try Insane Steve's sets...

I didn't check the sets, I may have added some old versions by accident. Off to check them.

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #401 on: April 24, 2005, 07:20:10 PM »
All errors fixed, download the set here and the style here

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 24, 2005, 07:21:01 PM »
I played through most of Difficult and Menacing on Insane Steves sets.
One question, why when I try to play a few of the Difficult levels it says that I don't have the required style file? I'm using all the ones that came with the sets...

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 25, 2005, 12:49:27 AM »
Quote from: ISU  link=1089162351/390#402 date=1114370461
I played through most of Difficult and Menacing on Insane Steves sets.
One question, why when I try to play a few of the Difficult levels it says that I don't have the required style file? I'm using all the ones that came with the sets...

Tell me which ones are busted, and I'll add the style to be downloaded.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 25, 2005, 02:45:17 AM »
Just passed I.S. 1: Difficult. I didn't have any trouble with any of the styles, except at first, when I accidentally unzipped the style files into the sets directory. &#A0;X_X

Level 18, "Stairway to Somewhere" is easily the most difficult level of the set. I agree with your introduction of it, but most levels don't seem hard in hindsight after you figure them out, right? This one had me stumped for a while.

In Level 10, "Orange Crush", I didn't use the lemming from the right at all... I suppose this is a backroute...

Is it just me or is Level 17, "Up the Pipe" similar to a level from ONML (or somewhere else)? It felt like I had played that level before. Not the exact same one, but something similar...

I know these are just the easy levels so far, but good job :)