Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pak topic  (Read 171064 times)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Cheapo Level Pak topic
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2005, 02:44:29 AM »
After reading the Wingdings message (I'm a bit more concerned with getting this level so only the intended solution works than solving for a back-route without hints right now), it seems that your 38/40 trick is quite a bit different than my intended solution. At least, with where you mine.

I've uploaded the version with a closer spike. Same link as before. Try your route on it now. If it still works, maybe I can come up with something that'll allow my route to be solved in 2:00 or something.

You said you can save 38 with 8 seconds left -- how long does it take to save 28 of them?
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2005, 06:06:21 AM »
Quote from: Insane Steve  link=1089162351/195#195 date=1107053069
After reading the Wingdings message, it seems that your 38/40 trick is quite a bit different than my intended solution.

Oh, no doubt about that.  The solution makes do with less than half the number of bashers you provided.

I've uploaded the version with a closer spike. Same link as before. Try your route on it now.

For now, it seems to have put a stop to 38/40.

You said you can save 38 with 8 seconds left -- how long does it take to save 28 of them?

Probably around the same amount of time.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 30, 2005, 11:08:01 AM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1089162351/180#192 date=1107045914
Yeah, Ahribar, how can you know for sure that you have found the solution if you haven't been able to get it to work?

Honestly, some people..........   ;)

Could you not tell that I posted that to provoke guest into giving the hint? I didn't want to keep trying such a high-precision route for ages until I finally either succeeded or realised it was impossible.

So......... you have to use all the builders to get over the lake. Well, I can get the right-hand lemmings in with no builders, but I cannot see how to turn one of them round to work on the bridge, given that he has to get there later than the builder from the left. Hell, this is hard.............

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2005, 12:41:42 AM »
Oh, yes, if anyone else manages to find a solution that seems like the one I intended for that level, please tell me. Remember, you won't save more than 30 or 31 (tops), maybe 32 -- and you should use most (if not all) of your bashers.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2005, 07:11:54 AM »
Conway found backroutes to half of the levels of my LemEdit remake set and a couple of other minor issues caused by the transition, so here's an update. Let me know if anyone finds any other backroutes.

Conway

« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2005, 01:43:32 PM »
Are you sure it's an update? All the levels seem the same, and the backroutes to 3, 4 and 5 still work. I haven't tried 7, but it looks exactly the same. Are you sure it's the updated version?

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2005, 01:51:13 PM »
Oops, I put it in the wrong folder on that server. Fixed now.

Conway

« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2005, 02:15:38 PM »
Is it? :???:

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 31, 2005, 02:17:36 PM »
I was able to download the update correctly from that link, so it should be fixed...

Conway

« Reply #204 on: January 31, 2005, 02:26:43 PM »
Yeah it is, I don't know what happend at first.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2005, 04:35:13 AM »
Fixed a backroute in level 3 of my LemEdit Remake set and fixed a couple of other minor issues with a couple levels. Hopefully this will be the final version. Let me know if anyone manages to pass it.

Here's the update.

Conway

« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2005, 12:06:12 AM »
Okay, if you don't want to know the whole solution, I'll just give you hints. At the bottom of the post will be the solutions (the ones I used, at least).

Mayhem 19 - Get Down Tonight

You don't need to contain the crowd.

Mayhem 24 - Back and Forth

You need to go under the one-way wall.

Both levels can be done in under one minute, and are both much simpler than they look.

Okay, now the SOLUTIONS:

Mayhem 19 - Get Down Tonight

Bash through the wall to the right. Make the lead lemming float at the latest possible moment and build as soon as he lands. Also make the lemming behind him float. Then make the first lemming to pass the builder block. The bridge will catch the rest of the lemmings and the blocker will turn the builder. If you want to get them in in less that one minute, take the release rate to 99.

Mayhem 24 - Back and Forth

Make lem2 bash to delay him, and lem1 build over the gap. Make one of the last lemmings to fall from the bridge before it hits the wall dig in the corner and bash when he's under the one-way wall. If it's done right, he should be alone or have one partner. Make him/them build over to the exit. You will probably need two builders even if he's alone. Finally dig to release the others.

Hope that helps!

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2005, 12:31:44 AM »
I'm not able to complete these levels from Essman packs:

Mayhem 19: Get down tonight!
Mayhem 24: Back and forth

Someone can told me how to solve these levels? They look impossible!
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 05, 2005, 12:27:45 AM »
Well... I just readed the hints, then I completed the levels by myself without reading the solutions. Now, I just read the solutions and it was the same that I did! :D

Thanks for help anyway! B)
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 05, 2005, 11:24:02 AM »
I've pretty much given up playing those levels, since there are so many and I have so much else to do, but if anyone has hints for Taxing 21.......?