Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pak topic  (Read 170909 times)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Cheapo Level Pak topic
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2005, 01:10:33 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1089162351/150#163 date=1106698457
Where can I get your levels, Ahribar?

For the Teaser, you can just modify it yourself to remove the digger (or to require 100%, for the sequel). The floater was removed to give the skills a nice 0-1-1-2-1-1-0 pattern; it isn't needed on either version.

I've also got a set of levels at http://www.geocities.com/zarathustra47/Hard.ZIP -- I have changed which levels are included a large number of times, but you should find that the ten levels it includes at the moment are all in working order. Enjoy!

- - -

Steve: actually, the solution to Surely You're Joking is almost identical to your backroute on the Teaser. The digger goes down eight pixels instead of seven..........

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2005, 01:49:23 PM »
Ohh, I had a version of that pack from before, didn't realize Ahribar = Michael S. Repton. Those are good levels, I'll have to try them some more. But I guess this has been updated since then... Thanks!

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2005, 09:56:11 PM »
Yes, it's been updated a lot. Insane Steve found a good few backroutes, and guest found a good many more. All have been removed in the versions linked to above.

Conway

« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2005, 12:30:46 AM »
Yeah, good levels Ripton! I passed the first two, but the rest will take some thought and practice.

In case anyone was wondering when I'd make a Cheapo recreation of 'Can't find any Gaps', <here it is!> And with a much better title! Thanks to Jaunjo (Lemming 20) for the super graphics!

edit: Please tell me how you pass it or the Lemedit version in case there's a backroute!

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2005, 07:31:32 AM »
I've gone through my 3 LemEdit packs and converted whatever levels were worth converting, relatively easy to convert (i.e. no long levels where the solution depends on specific aspects of the terrain) and possible to convert without altering the solution (There were about 5 or 6 more levels I would have liked to convert, but alas, they use CustLemm-only tricks). I narrowed it down to 10 levels, with one being a repeat. All of the levels use the Lemmus styles. Here it is. Enjoy, and let me know how things go...

(Edit: Made a very small fix to one level. Edit2: Another small change to another level.)

Conway

« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2005, 06:30:34 PM »
Thanks to Shvegait for finding a backroute to the 'This Little Corner of the Universe', the Cheapo version of 'Can't find any Gaps', even though the backroute looks harder than the intended solution! Same url for update.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2005, 06:58:28 PM »
Nice levels, Shvegait and Conway! Haven't really had the time to give them a proper go, but I've passed the first level of Shvegait's set. Which is not saying a lot.

Conway, can you send me any solutions to my levels that you find -- for the usual reason, of course?

Conway

« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2005, 07:02:42 PM »
Do you mean my solution to every level, or just specific ones?

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2005, 07:47:53 PM »
Well, you said you'd only done two, so why not start with those two?  B)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2005, 01:07:24 AM »
Fixed a couple of backroutes in my LemEdit remake pack. Thanks to Conway for finding them. Same url.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2005, 03:40:53 AM »
I just made a level which, if the route I want is possible, and the obvious back-routes cannot work, is simple-looking, yet would probably be hard enough to be one of the last 5 or 6 levels in any of my packs! If you want me to upload it, I will do so, to see if the back-routes can actually be done.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2005, 04:50:48 AM »
Double post. Sorry.

Here it is.

The intended solution DOES work. Now... back-routes... those might be a HUGE problem. The terrain layout of the level makes back-routes very hard to fix; I'm hoping the time limit makes all conceivable solutions except the right one impossible.

You need Juanjo's "Old Temple" style to play this level.

P.S.: Yes, the original title was "Go! Go! Climb!" -- I thought of a better name.

P.P.S.: The level mentioned in the introduction is the last level of set #2. Its solution will NOT help you with this one.

P.P.P.S.: Almost forgot. The level is called "The Mon0lith" -- so you aren't looking aimlessly for it in the levels list.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2005, 05:39:53 AM »
Quote from: Insane Steve  link=1089162351/165#175 date=1106970053
I just made a level which, if the route I want is possible, and the obvious back-routes cannot work, is simple-looking, yet would probably be hard enough to be one of the last 5 or 6 levels in any of my packs! If you want me to upload it, I will do so, to see if the back-routes can actually be done.

Let's see...I passed the level on my third try, saved 35 out of 40, has about 45 seconds left, and has 1 climber, 2 floaters, 1 bomber, and 5 bashers left.  There exist a possible (but unconfirmed) variation that could possibly save 2 more by trading another basher for the digger.

Sorry to disappoint, but that sounds like a backroute to me......(check your e-mail).  Fun level nonetheless.  (And tell Juanjo the style looks awesome.)

« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2005, 05:41:39 AM »
Wild guess:  did you mean to require saving 38 out of 40 rather than 28?

« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2005, 07:19:52 AM »
Quote from: guest  link=1089162351/165#178 date=1106977299
Wild guess: &#A0;did you mean to require saving 38 out of 40 rather than 28?

And indeed, I succeeded in saving 38 out of 40, via a conceptually straightforward solution with a wacky twist.  (Without the wacky twist I believe you'll run out of time, although not by much.  No fast forward involved.)

I don't know if this solution is what Steve intended.  And I won't tell what the solution is:  if it's what Steve intended then I don't need to say it, and if it isn't then Steve should figure it out himself.  Hey, at least it's not a boring solution, thanks to the wacky twist anyway.  

(I guess I'm assuming there's only 1 solution can do 38 out of 40...seems likely but I guess you never know.)