Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pak topic  (Read 170939 times)

Conway

Re: Cheapo Level Pak topic
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2005, 05:36:24 PM »
The swimming level isn't downloadable. :-(

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2005, 06:31:09 PM »
Guest, there's a "backroute" in your level "This Level Requires No Skill" (who would have thought it was possible?), but of course it utilizes the replay/armageddon bug so I wouldn't consider it a legitimate solution. But it is indeed possible to get 14/15 abusing this bug. I'll go and try to beat it legitimately now, I have an idea of what you need to do...

Edit: Yes! Beat it. Brilliant level design!

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2005, 07:13:47 PM »
Since I don't have a mouse compatible with LemEdit, I've decided to start working on some Cheapo levels.

Here's my first level, Dual Action Lemmings. It's probably one of my best levels so far. Thanks to Conway for helping to find numerous backroutes! Good luck :)

(Edit: Backroute mentioned below fixed.)

Conway

« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2005, 07:23:12 PM »
*backroute warning deleted*

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2005, 08:31:31 PM »
Oh! What a gorgeous level!!!

Conway

« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2005, 08:41:31 PM »
But can anyone pass it? I found many backroutes which are now fixed, but the true solution seems very obscure! O_o

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2005, 08:52:40 PM »
I got damn close just now...... 77 out of 80 saved............

Conway

« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2005, 09:15:16 PM »
I'd like to know how! I can save half, that's it! Never mind, I'll figure it out . . .

edit: I can do 79 out of 80, and based on what Shvegait had told me, it would be another backroute if I could save 80 this way.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2005, 12:12:53 AM »
Done! And I'm fairly sure it's the right solution. I'll PM Shvegait to check.

« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2005, 12:17:07 AM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1089162351/120#131 date=1106440758
Neither solution is my intended solution! Give me a little, I have to think about how to fix these backroutes.

It is pretty interesting how many backroutes have been found to this already and how diverse they are. Some of these ways I would have never considered.

Thanks for playing :)

Perhaps I'll e-mail you my 2 solutions, in case they're different from Conway's, Ahribar's or yours.

« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2005, 12:26:57 AM »
Quote from: Conway  link=1089162351/120#120 date=1106415384
The swimming level isn't downloadable. :-(

Doh!  Apparently geocities URLs are case sensitive.

I've fixed the filename and it should now be downloadable.  Thanks for pointing out the problem!

Conway

« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2005, 12:28:03 AM »
Yeah, I passed it too. But I'm fairly sure it's another backroute from what Shvegait has told me about the intended solution. Please tell me your solution by PM and I'll send you mine.

edit: That was in response to Ahribar's post.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2005, 12:33:23 AM »
Yes, please do! My guess is that one of the two solutions will be similar to either Ahribar's, Conway's, or mine, and the other will be something totally different.

I have managed to fix the backroutes, but I am a little reluctant to post this updated version. I'm afraid that the change might make the "real" solution significantly more obvious. I'll try to find another way to make Ahribar's solution not work, but if I can't, I will just update the level with the fix I have in mind. Also, I'll see what guest has come up with before updating it.

Edit: Level updated, should prevent basically all backroutes. In case anyone was wondering, guest's solutions were both different from all the others.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2005, 12:39:18 AM »
Neither solution is my intended solution! Give me a little, I have to think about how to fix these backroutes.

It is pretty interesting how many backroutes have been found to this already and how diverse they are. Some of these ways I would have never considered.

Thanks for playing :)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2005, 01:06:57 AM »
Here's that level I came up with in that weird dream.

It's rather unorthadox to be posting levels from future sets on the boards, but I want to see if there's backroutes. I mean, this one has a neat trick, if it isn't backroutable.

Yes, I know the terrain design is a bit odd.

EDIT: You also need Steaver's FireLemmus style to play it.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano