Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pak topic  (Read 170911 times)

Ice_Eagle

Re: Cheapo Level Pak topic
« Reply #690 on: April 14, 2006, 05:32:02 PM »
Different version, I guess?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 14, 2006, 07:45:16 PM »
No idea. Maybe you used a music that isn't in that version?

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #692 on: April 14, 2006, 07:57:54 PM »
I used Music Number 5 (the regular one used in Default.sty)

Anymore comments for the other levels of my pack?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 15, 2006, 08:29:21 PM »
Levels 11 and 14: fun idea  :)  -- easy enough to pass but a nice challenge to save 100%, on both levels

Level 12: clever trick to get past the traps, but after that it's nothing but building

Level 13: too much building and no puzzle

Level 15: this one was nice; some good obstacles to get past, especially if going for 100%

Level 16: nice to have a level that doesn't require builders at all! A bit easy though.

Level 17: hmm, fairly nice remake. I'm not sure if details like the gap at the bottom are deliberate or not -- to add a bit of difficulty to the original?

(By the way, I think I worked out how I was meant to do Level 3..... send just one lemming through the underpass, yes?...... trust me to find the most complicated way to do it!!!)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 15, 2006, 08:54:52 PM »
Actually, your levels are so fun I couldn't resist going on  ;)  so, skipping #17 for now.......

Level 18: great to see someone else using my Prince style! Nice level, too, though it's still pretty obvious how to get past all the obstacles.

Level 19: ok, this is where it really starts to get tedious; I feel I've had exactly the same level before only some of its previous incarnations (e.g. Level 10) were a lot more interesting than this one. Sorry to be so blunt.

Level 20: I'm sorry..... I was going to make up for my rudeness about Level 19 by praising this one to the skies, as it nearly deserves. Trouble is, you've got a major backroute involving dropping straight into the exit from above. I'd recommend dealing with it by means of a metal block surmounted with a fire object sealing the gap between the central two pillars.

Level 21: after that snag, this is also a good level. There is a lot of building, but the fact that you have to think about where to build and save all the lemmings easily makes up for it.

Level 22 is really not my sort of level. To me it just doesn't fit the spirit of Lemmings -- it's a major part of the game that all the information you need to solve the level is visible, not tedious trial and error.

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #695 on: April 16, 2006, 07:07:38 AM »
http://www.garjen.co.uk/Download.php?l=9&f=Sonic-GreenHillZone

The style for level 17 is here. You also need that style for Level 15 of Isu's Style Trial III.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 16, 2006, 08:42:12 AM »
OK, I've added comments on that level.

Nothing I've said you want to come back on?

MC Marshy

« Reply #697 on: April 16, 2006, 12:34:29 PM »
Aaaaaah cheapo.

There are some levels that came with the original version of cheapo that would look good in Custlemm. Are we allowed to convert those levels to Custlemm?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 16, 2006, 01:02:27 PM »
E-mail the person who created the levels.

MC Marshy

« Reply #699 on: April 16, 2006, 01:10:59 PM »
Yeah dude sure thing :)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 16, 2006, 01:17:47 PM »
OK. I'm not sure exactly which levels you mean so I'll give both.

If it's Peter Spada's sets (Fun, Tricky, Taxing, Mayhem), his address is spadapet@hotmail.com .

If on the other hand you mean Alexander Meyer's Crazy and Wild (or is it Wicked?) sets, you want kallex@kallex.de .

MC Marshy

« Reply #701 on: April 16, 2006, 01:19:04 PM »
It's mostly the crazy and wild sets. Does he use this forum?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 16, 2006, 01:20:40 PM »
I don't think so, no.

MC Marshy

« Reply #703 on: April 16, 2006, 01:27:27 PM »
I sent the e-mail. I don't know when he will reply. Oh on one of the levels in cheapo there is scenery on the level "Industrial Town" and the scenery looks similar to the scenery on Tumble Weed's "And out come the bashers" level. Did Tumble Weed take the design from that level?

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #704 on: April 16, 2006, 02:34:18 PM »
MC Marshy, have you tried my levels yet?

For Ahribar: Thanks for the new comments!  :)  Maybe I'll improve levels 13, 19, and 20. I'd like to see the comments for the rest of the levels.

And yes, you do send one lemming through the underpass in level 3, to reduce the annoyance.