Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pak topic  (Read 171036 times)

Ice_Eagle

Re: Cheapo Level Pak topic
« Reply #675 on: March 30, 2006, 04:39:11 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar link=1089162351/660#674 date=1143731655
Heh, I like what I see of Style Trial. I see that in spite of what you said about not using my styles, two of them at least have got in there -- MichaelBlue and Prince. You really should use the Repton style as well, though, as it's the only other one I've done that's not based on the original graphics. Of course, I can't play many of the levels at all, which is probably a good thing as I don't even nearly have time for them  ;)

Actually, a third and fourth one also got inside - MichaelPink and Repton.

I'm planning to make a pack of 40 levels. They're not hard, but most of them have multiple solutions. One of them is seriously annoying and the only hard level.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 30, 2006, 05:33:50 PM »
Aha, I found the Repton level!  ;D  I hadn't thought of looking in Part III after Isu's comment. Nice level, too, if a little simple.

Good luck with your levels, IceEagle!

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 30, 2006, 07:26:33 PM »
I still can't get them to work. On either site. Ideas?
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 30, 2006, 07:49:46 PM »
Don't know what browser you use..... in Firefox I can download them by right-clicking and choosing "Save Link As...."

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 30, 2006, 10:53:44 PM »
Backroute report: "The Box" (Lemmings Classic set 3, level 2), 100% with 30 seconds and 2 builders spare

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #680 on: March 31, 2006, 08:02:14 PM »
Some levels that will be in my 40-level-pack:

Starting it Simple - small level, yet simple to do
Through the Microscope - lots of small spaces make this level annoying, but there's always a way out.
Cooperation Breaks the Block - this one resembles Fun 11/Taxing 18. Both ways to get through the wall are blocked by the arrows pointing in both directions; you must find a way to destroy the wall.
A Disorientation of a Level - "A Beast of a Level" has been flipped upside down!
To the Red Beach! - changing the colors of the beach so they're all red-filtered
A Waste of a Style - uses a style that other people never use...
Spread the Disease - this one's simple and there are probably many ways to solve it.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 31, 2006, 11:28:19 PM »
I can't get it to work on I.E., Firefox, or that weird browser Yahoo! gave me with its DSL package. ... Anyone want to sent me an email?

insteve[at]gmail[dot]com
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 01, 2006, 09:28:33 AM »
Quote from: Insane Steve link=1089162351/675#681 date=1143847699
I can't get it to work on I.E., Firefox, or that weird browser Yahoo! gave me with its DSL package. ... Anyone want to sent me an email?

insteve[at]gmail[dot]com
Mail sent.

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #683 on: April 08, 2006, 12:40:52 AM »
Here are more of the levels that will appear.

Giant Funhouse of Bricktown - a giant level with a mazy-like brickhouse.
Frozen Lava - for some reason ice was able to freeze the fire terrain, including all fire and lava
Sudoku! - obviously a sudoku board with empty squares and numbers.

As soon as I'm finished I'll release those levels I talked about as a preview set.

EDIT: I'm actually releasing all 40 levels, not the preview. There's a lot of things I need to fix in them.

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #684 on: April 13, 2006, 06:44:04 PM »
Pack finally finished!   :)

http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=cd&dir=cheapo

The difficulty of the levels range from Fun to Tricky, with one being in Mayhem for extreme annoyance. Some of the levels have multiple solutions. Some may just be annoying. This is my very first set, so please tell me what you think!

Btw, I'm not good at hard levels.

EDIT: Level 10's title and introduction were like that on purpose. It was so I could be very random.   ;)
EDIT2: Use wlem2x for levels 11, 13 and 27, as they use MODs.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 13, 2006, 07:35:23 PM »
Not had a chance to play it much yet, but it's nice to see people are starting to use my new styles!  ;)

Level 1: nice introduction  :)

Level 2: not bad -- in general I don't like "hidden metal" but at least it wasn't hard to find a way round. Any special reason for only 99% being required? I couldn't see where you'd be tempted to lose one.

Level 3 was... um..... annoying...... I think there must be a more reliable way to do it somehow......

Level 4 was funny, I got to the end and thought "shit, only five builders left, I guess I needed to be more frugal early on", then I noticed the climber  ;)

Level 5: too easy, really, and not very interesting.

What's this about saving one of three on Level 6? I saved all three.

Level 7 was fun, if not exactly original. I saved 94.

The title of Level 8 was misleading; I didn't use the right-hand lemmings at all.

I liked Level 10; fun to get 100%, but ridiculously easy to just save the minimum as you only need one of the four entrances!!!

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #686 on: April 13, 2006, 09:23:53 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar link=1089162351/675#685 date=1144956923
I don't have the styles for levels 2 or 5.

http://membres.lycos.fr/createmania/lemmings3.html - Download Cheapo2.zip and put all the styles in the Styles folder; that's for levels 2, 19, 23, 30 and 39.
http://www.geocities.com/piainp/Lemmings.html - Download Musics Styles; that's for levels 5 and 26. Those styles are also required to play Isu's Style Trial.

For Level 9: Check your e-mail. I sent you the style.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 13, 2006, 10:04:34 PM »
Thanks, but that wasn't the right style for Level 9.

I've added a few more reviews to the above post to keep them in order. I'll make a new post when I get onto levels beyond 10.

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #688 on: April 14, 2006, 02:19:39 PM »
Thanks for the comments on levels 1, 2, 7 and 10.

I liked that comment on level 4.

Maybe I'll do something about levels 5, 6, and 8.

But what's up with Level 9 for you?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 14, 2006, 05:12:54 PM »
When I try to load Level 9 I get an error message saying there is a missing style file.