Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pak topic  (Read 170958 times)

Offline Isu

• View Profile
Re: Cheapo Level Pak topic
« Reply #555 on: August 12, 2005, 08:49:29 PM »
4 builders, 2 bashers and with 16 seconds left?

That is most definately a backroute. I used 5 builders and 7 bashers while having barely any time left on the clock. Darn it >:(. After being stuck as on how to go about doing the level so long I find it has a backroute that I most definately did not spot. How embarrasing.

And it's the former ccexplore. Well, at least I hope it's the former ;P

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 12, 2005, 09:01:47 PM »
4 builders and 2 bashers *left*.

(That is, I used 6 builders and 8 bashers.)

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 12, 2005, 09:21:34 PM »
Oh Okay. Sorry.

I hate to be a pain, but can you PM me your solution? I still want to know if it's a backroute or not.

EDIT: PM recieved. Many thanks. Shvegait, you have found the correct solution. So I am hereby withdrawing my challenge to ccexplore ("guest")

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 13, 2005, 04:07:46 AM »
Um, ok.  I still haven't downloaded it yet, but I'll try to get to it sometime tomorrow nonetheless.  If nothing else I can still try to save more than expected or use less skills than expected or something.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 13, 2005, 11:46:05 AM »
I had one builder and 33 second left.
I said I'd send you my solution, and I'll do now.

Drazic

« Reply #560 on: August 13, 2005, 01:49:15 PM »
hi
how do you drawer your own graphics like dirt & rocks
& stuff
the cheapo lem editor help file walkthrough the guy
did isnt very helpful.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 13, 2005, 02:04:33 PM »
Quote from: Drazic  link=1089162351/555#560 date=1123940955
the cheapo lem editor help file walkthrough the guy did isnt very helpful.

That's perhaps true, but seems like everyone do start off from that help file when they first learn to make styles.

Maybe someone here can e-mail you an example of a .stt file (the file that the help file is attempting to describe) and you can try to learn by example.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 13, 2005, 04:46:26 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore  link=1089162351/555#558 date=1123906066
Um, ok. &#A0;I still haven't downloaded it yet, but I'll try to get to it sometime tomorrow nonetheless. &#A0;If nothing else I can still try to save more than expected or use less skills than expected or something.

Alright, I tried it just now, and I must say you set my expectations way too high.  I pretty much have the same experience (and probably the same solution, since I'm left with the same amount of skills) as Shvegait.

Still, a good level, keep up the good work.  B)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 13, 2005, 07:49:11 PM »
Ok, since

1) I'm going off to college tomorrow, and may not be able to play Lemmings as much as I used to
2) I've had a few people e-mail me about my sets

I have taken the time to not only re-upload my Notebook sets (I have 90 total levels in the four sets. I wanted 120, but meh), but also the three "obscure" sets I have made. There's an overlapping .sty file in the downloads, so... use the SMB style you get in the "ISNotebook" file. There are a few levels that appear in the notebook and one of the other sets; just a heads-up.

My Notebook sets -- Sets are "ISDifficult", "ISMenacing", "ISChaotic", and "ISHopeless" -- all others are .sty files.
My Mario and MS Paint sets -- sets are "Do the Mario!", "MPTribute", and "MSPaint". Others are .sty and read me files.

Enjoy.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Isu

• View Profile
woo, I changed the Message icon
« Reply #564 on: August 13, 2005, 08:35:32 PM »
Ahh, more levels from the uber level designer. This should keep me busy 'til Monday.  B)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 19, 2005, 08:44:44 PM »
I got 10 Cheapo levels ready right now to put them together to part 1 of 2 of my first set.

The file can be downloaded here: http://de.geocities.com/geoo89/gSet00.zip

Half of them use the brick style, sorry for that. I just realized that when I put my levels together. When I edited I put my ideas into levels, and the brick style seems to have matched often.
However, I'm going to make more levels in the ISWorld style, I didn't even used it once for now. :(

In general, my levels are quite short but tricky, and I prefer straight terrain.
Also, I tried to assort them by difficulty in my set.

Three of the levels are LemEdit remakes, but one or two of them haven't been released for LemEdit yet.

If you find a solution for any level which doesn't match with the hints, or if you find a solution which is in no way tricky, can you tell me please? (Exspecially for level 5 and 6) And also, if you solve level 10?

To contact me, or for suggestions, feedback, reqests for solutions, (or an idea for a level name for level 10 ;)), PM (IM) me or preferably e-mail: geoo89(ad)gmail(dod)com
Please note that I'll be away until Aug. 28th, so expect no response until then.
Thanks

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 19, 2005, 11:47:20 PM »
I've only got to level 2, and I've glanced at the rest of the levels (Except 9, I think you know why ;)). Some very good levels there, It's way better than my first pack (Isulemms, see sig).

I'm hoping to release the second part of my Style Trial on Thursday. I have about 18 levels for that so far (48 total). Only seven more to go!
And I think I've neglected the readme/walkthrough for it for far too long.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 20, 2005, 03:13:42 AM »
Nice levels, geoo! Your style seems strangely similar to Insane Steve's, with the preference for straight edges and with odd time limits for most levels. I wonder what makes those two traits go together, they seem contradictory :P

"Little miner puzzle (part one)" was very fun to solve! Part two seemed too easy following that, though, and I even had 2 miners left over.

For Level 5, I managed to save 22/23. If the maximum possible is supposed to be 21, I'll PM you my solution. I actually solved it accidentally &#A0;X_X (Trying to do one thing, and yet something better happened from it.)

For Level 6, my solution does not exactly match your hints (might be close though, I don't know), but it seems like the level is rather open, with various options for tools and a somewhat generous number to save, so this should not be surprising. Plus, there are so many ways to deal with the trap at the end...

I haven't passed 2, or 7-10 yet... I'll need to think about them some more.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 20, 2005, 12:56:54 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1089162351/555#567 date=1124507622
I haven't passed 2, or 7-10 yet... I'll need to think about them some more.

Some tricky levels indeed.  I did manage to get #7 (actually a 23/25 there) and #9 though, of the ones you mentioned above.  (9 is not very interesting by the way......)  #2 is especially making me go  ":???:".

So far I've not read any of the hints.  Hopefully it'll stay that way.  :-/

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 20, 2005, 01:49:22 PM »
Oh. I just passed Level 9. Generally I tend to give up quickly on levels that have fake steel, even if they actually have easy solutions. (I made the silly assumption that the whole top platform was steel.) I don't care if there are steel areas on non-steel terrain (and vice-versa) if it is obvious where they are or there are clues as to what might be what, but otherwise I'm just skipping your level, sorry &#A0;>:(

Just passed 7. Great level :) Saved only 22/25 though. I guess that ccexplore's 23rd lemming is just a matter of timing... (Unless he used a different solution &#A0;O_o )

Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1089162351/555#568 date=1124542614
#2 is especially making me go &#A0;":???:".

This level is a LemEdit remake. Maybe the differences render the intentional solution impossible? I have absolutely no ideas for that level anymore, since you seem to need both bombers to bomb through just one area... hmm...

The "Nothing special at all" in the level description implies that it's not intended to be all that difficult or use clever tricks... I don't know.

Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1089162351/555#568 date=1124542614
So far I've not read any of the hints. &#A0;Hopefully it'll stay that way. &#A0;:-/

You might want to read the hints for the levels you've passed, if you think you may have found a backroute.