Author Topic: Final Question about ONML-Editor!  (Read 2377 times)

Offline wihu61

• View Profile
Final Question about ONML-Editor!
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:15:17 PM »
 :(    as clear as possible (I speak Dutch)

From LEMMIX I have downloaded DOS OhNo More Lemmings! 1.3

from the delphi source I threw i threw in all the dat-files I hoped (remembered from the older Lem Edit) necessary to make it work.

And it does work: I can open any ONML level or levelpack, edit it and play it in the play-mode of the editor

and now my problem:

I can't play ANY level in the lemmix-player, whatever I try.

Question:

Is it impossible or am I doing something wrong?
there are several ONML-levels available for download so I guess
they must be playable???

Could anyone please just attach a WORKING combination ot the editor/player for ONML here?

Everything works perfect for DOS Lemmings 1.3, but NOT for DOS OhNo Lemmings! 1.3

Thanks again, H. Willems, Netherlands

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Final Question about ONML-Editor!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 12:35:33 AM »
There is no need to create a new thread for the same question you're having.  In fact it is very confusing because when you re-ask your question here, you fail to say that you are trying to play the old levels you created using LemEdit/CustLemm.

Anyway, let me try answering your question again.  Please log in to the forums, then go to this post (this is a link, please click on it) and download the "LemmixPlayer.exe" attachment.  Do NOT download "LemmixPlayerOhNo.exe" as that won't help you with your problem.  Use LemmixPlayer.exe from that post to play your old levels, regardless of whether they use the Lemmings graphics or the ONML graphics. [edit: let me know if you are able to play any custom levels using that version of LemmixPlayer.exe.  There's a chance I might need to change it to make it work for custom levels]

For new levels, when you create them in the Lemmix editor using the "CustLemm" style (which contains both Lemmings and ONML graphics sets), use the LemmixPlayer.exe mentioned above to play them.  If you create them using the "ONML" style (NOT RECOMMENDED), then play them with "LemmixPlayerOhNo.exe".  If your editor does not have a "CustLemm" or "Custom Lemmings" style, or that style doesn't work for you in the editor, attach your LemmixStyles.ini file here and I'll edit it (and possibly make additional files available to you) to make that style available for you.

Sorry if this is a little confusing, it is an unfortunate problem with the way the Lemmix level editor was designed.

Offline wihu61

• View Profile
Thanks a lot!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 09:17:08 AM »
I understand that re-asking the question is not the right thing, but I got no more answers, while the problem still existed.

But now it works!!! THANKS A LOT :thumbsup:

one question left:
I now use 2 editors:
one for original lemmings and the other for ONML (because I had no Idea which DAT-files were needed and I didn't want files to be overwritten. I copied these DAT-files from the Delphi-source on the Lemmix-site)

Isn't it possible opening/editing/building levels from lem1 and ONML with just ONE editor (instead of two)?
If it is, could you zip such an editor and attach it? I can (better dare) not further experiment on this: I am glad I got it working because I am no expert (as you may have noticed) but I (and a friend) like building levels.

thank again, H. Willems and B. Leunissen, Holland

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 09:32:58 PM »
You should be able to use one single editor for all levels (and the LemmixPlayer with CustLemm support ccexplore talked about, to play all levels, which you appear to be doing already).
I'm not quite certain about your precise setup, but do you have all the vgagrX/groundXo, with X ranging from 0 to 8 (or 9 if you also have the Holiday sets) in the directory pointed to by the CustLemm style definition in LemmixStyles.ini? CustLemm and Original Lemmings are compatible iirc, but you can make a separate folder for CustLemm.
Then use the CustLemm style when editing level, not Orig or ONML. You can exit both Orig and ONML levels with it.
If you want the ONML levels from the original game in the CustLemm lemmix player, you'll have to convert them (change a byte), but for new levels built from scratch, there shouldn't be any issue.

btw, just noticing the initials and your avatar...do you happen to be Hubert and Bart, by any chance?

Offline wihu61

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 09:20:28 AM »
Well, I believe I finally got it all working now.

And yes, it's Hubert and Bart, we made several levelpackages a few years ago...

with this "lemmix" it is fun to play Lemmings again (lemmings for windows / Dosbox is no fun ot play because too small and you can't be "pixel-precise")

HW