Author Topic: Top ten lemmings songs  (Read 7394 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Top ten lemmings songs
« on: November 22, 2009, 05:13:29 PM »
What is your favorate lemmings tracks
well vote here
or tell us your favorates

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
Re: Top ten lemmings songs
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 07:02:50 PM »
I honestly don't think the poll is needed.

My favourite one is, by coincidence, on your list though. It's SNES - Tim 8 (I know the songs by the order of their appearance, aka Tim 8 would be Stage Theme 5 for me).

I don't like Tim 8 on any other port of Lemmings.  :P Just sounds weird mostly.

Offline GuyPerfect

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 08:20:33 PM »
I always liked track 19 on the Lemmings 3D disc. It's abridged to make it fit on the disc with all the other tracks, but the programmed version of the song is much longer. I'd love to hear the full version with the CD-quality audio.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 09:38:02 PM »
My all-time favorite Lemmings tracks are the remixes of the classic Lemmings tunes on the Lemmings Chronicles / All New World of Lemmings CD.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 10:41:35 PM »
My favourites are

tim7 (Level 11 - Rondo Alla Turca)
tim4 (Level 15 - Baby Face)
tim1 (Level 13 - original composition)
tim3 (Level 6 - original composition)
tim2 (Level 3 - original composition)

Honorable mention: Lemming 3. Not the best track overall, but the section starting at 0:30 in this video is the most awesome ten seconds of music in the game.

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 12:19:22 AM »
Eh? These song titles are so confusing. ???

Anyway, 3 of my favourite songs come from the Master System version; Level 2, Level 6 and Level 13. I also like the Dance of the Little Swans song from the Mega Drive / Genesis version (Tim 8, apparently. I can only take your word for it ;)).

So far, though, my favourite song is Level 3 from the Acorn Archimedes version.
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 12:40:48 AM »
My all-time favorite Lemmings tracks are the remixes of the classic Lemmings tunes on the Lemmings Chronicles / All New World of Lemmings CD.

I gotta go with these too. If only the Egypt and Shadow ones were this good :-\

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 02:31:41 AM »
I haven't played any of the Lemmings games beyond Lemmings 2 (hmm, I really should remedy that some day...), so my choices are obviously confined to the ports I've played.  Off top of my head, in no particular order:

SNES Space Tribe (note that this is totally different from the usual "2001" theme in the other ports)
Amiga Sports Tribe
Genesis "Doggie" theme (unlike the version in other ports that tend to sound weird or gimmicky--in fact you might not even recognize it as "Doggie" right away on this version)
Genesis SunSoft Special

That's not to say I don't like the other music, most are decent enough, but a lot just don't really stand out if I'm to recall from off my head.  I might post a list exclusive for Lemmings 1 later, but I'll probably have to go do a re-listening of the music on various ports first. :XD:

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 07:35:26 AM »
Interesting new topic, better than the other ones.

I like Tim1 and Tim3 from DOS the best as far as I can tell.

On the DOS version the Lemming1 song came up on the first level, the 18th level plus every time you fail a level and try again. It's gets boring every time this happens. Maybe there's something wrong with the DOS version? ???
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 02:22:09 PM »
My most favorate ones
are Awsome-Turbo grafix 16 real electric guitar playing
level6-Genesis i like that way it played

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 06:07:34 PM »

I gotta go with these too. If only the Egypt and Shadow ones were this good :-\
Thirded. I think I listened to the ripped music of the Classic tunes longer than I actually played the game.

Though I actually like a lot of the Lemmings music.

SNES Space Tribe (note that this is totally different from the usual "2001" theme in the other ports)
Amiga Sports Tribe
Genesis "Doggie" theme (unlike the version in other ports that tend to sound weird or gimmicky--in fact you might not even recognize it as "Doggie" right away on this version)
(I didn't know that Strauss' 'By the Beautiful Blue Danube' was the theme to 2001: A Space Odyssey which I only know from its name; I guess that's why this theme got chosen for the space tribe then.)
Anyway, these are some I totally agree with, and I'd also add the DOS version of Cavelems, the SNES version of Sports (especially the middle part) and the ending tune (Amiga, Genesis).
The DOS versions of Medieval, Classic and Outdoor are pretty catchy as well.

In original Lemmings my favourite original composition is Tim1, followed by Tim3, Tim2 and Lemming2. Of the borrowed tracks I like the classical tunes most (Tim6-Tim8), especially Rondo alla Turca.
I got some recordings from the Roland sound chip I think, and Tim10 (Forest Green is it called?) stands out there.
(And I still think the ONML soundtrack is a bit underrated, I especially like tune5 & 6).

Don't know about Lemmings 3D as I never really played it, but the Lemmings Revolution soundtrack is pretty neat as well. My favourite tune is the one located at 0xa95e1d (according to the filename) in the .box there.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 06:05:11 PM »
I really don't see how a poll is supposed to work out well here.  There are just too many lemmings songs out there to narrow it down to a few random choices.  However, it is a good idea for discussion, so we could just ignore the poll.

I like Oh No!'s tune2 in dos (adlib).  It just sounds...  well...  totally awesome.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 11:59:32 PM »
miner and climber commodore 64 diffrant but awsome

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 01:31:48 AM »
I've only heard a small number of lemmings songs.  It seems like there's another version of the music every day...  okay, for now it does, until I eventually get around to hearing it all.  But then every year or so, there will be that mention of a version I never knew existed, so...

Mariachi Skeletron Prime

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 05:27:21 PM »
I've only listened to the amiga versions of tracks.
Here are my top 5:

5. Track 21 (BeastII)
4. Track 19 (Menace)
3. Track 8 (Doggie)
2. Track 9 (Tim 6)
1. Track 15 (Tim 4)