Author Topic: Acorn Lemmings music  (Read 13856 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Acorn Lemmings music
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 12:03:38 PM »
And now, for completeness, the Acorn Lemmings MODs.

The regular cycle has 18 instead of 17 tunes (#14 is the one unique to Acorn).  And of course you have the 4 tunes for the special graphics levels.  [Beast 1 and Beast 2 are quite radically rearranged but still roughly recognizable practically new tunes (but using similar instruments and evoking similar mood), Menace is shortened, and Awesome is...well, something else entirely :-\]

One interesting thing about the Acorn Lemmings MODs is, since they are still just arrangements of the same tunes in all the other ports, we already know what the tunes should sound like in their full length.  So it would be possible to extend the Acorn Lemmings MODs accordingly, remedying the complain about length for many of them.  Maybe something I'd look into over the holidays.

Offline GuyPerfect

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 08:08:19 PM »
Wow, they really butchered up 13, didn't they?

One thing I'm noticing in these tunes, though, is effective use of bass. It harmonizes with the rest of the music very well, which isn't something you find very often. Usually,  bass just matches whatever the current chord happens to be and isn't very interesting at all. Not the case with these ones.

Offline weirdybeardy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 02:21:30 PM »
One thing I'm noticing in these tunes, though, is effective use of bass. It harmonizes with the rest of the music very well, which isn't something you find very often.

This, in my humble (and biased) opinion, is why the Acorn music is mostly superior to other versions that exist, even the original Amiga music.  :) However, the Acorn version of Lemmings 2 is a different story...
My projects:

Lemmings in Weirdyland (NeoLemmix):
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6135.0

My levels for Lemmings 2 The Tribes can be found here:
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=990.0