Author Topic: Lemming Artwork  (Read 26416 times)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
Re: Lemming Artwork
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2011, 05:31:37 PM »
Anyway, since minimac posted an actual Lemmings level as an example of his artwork, I thought I'd repost one of mine from the old forums. This is the template for three of my levels (Goblin City, Twenty Second Teaser, Surely You're Joking Mr Lemming) and it takes advantage of Cheapo's vertical resize feature.
Holy s*** - I recognise this level and have just realised who you used to be... But you probably won't still be reading this board (given that this post is dated 2009), so it probably doesn't even matter...

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2011, 10:06:40 AM »
Yeah unfortunately, this is the last we've heard from him.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2011, 12:41:52 PM »
yeah, unless i'm mistaken he used to be called Nuntar, and he also used to be a member of a language nerd board that Nortaneous and I are members of. fortunately I do have other ways of contacting him if I want to, although it's still a bit like he's dropped off the face of the earth and I'm not entirely sure whether he'd reply... anyway we've met several times IRL via that other board and I think he showed me that level when I stayed at his house one time. back when Cheapo was still in fashion, lol.

I think we kinda messaged on facebook last year saying "yeah, we should totally meet up again" but it never came to fruition - I'm a bit rubbish at things like that (social arrangements and stuff). And now I'm not nearby anymore - we used to be in neighbouring cities.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2011, 03:43:40 PM »
Here's some lemming artwork... a few years ago some of my friends made this: http://www.tomscott.com/lemmings/

Didn't work out too well and I think it was more of an excuse to use green-screen technology (which then of course didn't work with Lemmings), but have a look anyway. I'm not in it, btw.

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »
Haha. Did they switch the colors around after doing everything with a green screen? Level 3 is especially interesting, it has great and surprisingly simple 3D effects with the floor and the side column. And Microsoft Hearts :D

Unrelated to video: Updated my last post above with geoo's variant of the image.

-- Simon

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2011, 10:14:08 PM »
Here's some lemming artwork... a few years ago some of my friends made this: http://www.tomscott.com/lemmings/

Didn't work out too well and I think it was more of an excuse to use green-screen technology (which then of course didn't work with Lemmings), but have a look anyway. I'm not in it, btw.

I really enjoyed it actually! :thumbsup: If anything I wish it was longer.  Maybe it is unintentional but the amateur-ness of it adds to the humor.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2011, 10:38:09 PM »
Haha. Did they switch the colors around after doing everything with a green screen?
I think so – the hair is a bit garish, after all. I was quite annoyed to have missed out on it, anyway... I must have been away at the time or something.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2011, 09:18:48 AM »

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh wow how did I miss that
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano