Author Topic: LemmixPlayer (original) with OhNo Style support!  (Read 3883 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
LemmixPlayer (original) with OhNo Style support!
« on: November 10, 2009, 12:35:52 AM »
I managed to get Lemmix player to compile, and add the OhNo style files. So now, you can test OhNo levels using original DOS mechanics, without needing to seperately use the OhNo player (and therefore also change the graphic set in your level files). Of course you have the Lemmix Editor and it's playtester, but it lacks sound/music and savestate. (Don't forget to turn LookForLVLFiles on!)

(Also, this is mostly for myself for L+DOS testing, so there's one other customization that I've added in for myself and you'll probably notice quite quickly, and is relevant even to non-custom levels - I think Pooty and Adam especially may like this one.)

http://rapidshare.com/files/304736081/LemmixPlus.zip
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: LemmixPlayer (original) with OhNo Style support!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 02:25:53 AM »
If this is what I think it is (the Original Lemmings Lemmix player with the ability to play ONML styles), I am very, very appreciative of this, moreso than you'd think  :)

I plan on making a new Lemmings game with 120 new levels (including new training levels and new "Fun" style 20 of each levels,) --- but it would have meant hours of converting my old levels (which I planned to use to fill out Tricky-Mayhem) in the Brick and Bubble styles to Original Lemmings. This is amazing.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 02:34:34 AM »
 :thumbsup: Lemmix plus dude awsome
but i didn't see the oh no style support
just master system music

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 02:43:22 AM »
If this is what I think it is (the Original Lemmings Lemmix player with the ability to play ONML styles), I am very, very appreciative of this, moreso than you'd think  :)

Exactly that. It's the original Lemmix player, but with the OhNo styles in it as well (also, it no longer plays the special musics on the special graphics levels - this is because they were determined by the position (ie: hardcoded to Fun 22, Tricky 14, Taxing 15 and Mayhem 22) rather than the use of a special graphics set. I don't yet know enough of either Delphi in general or Lemmix's code specifically to make it detect the vgaspec use and play them based on that, so it'll just play the normal musics on them at the moment).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 07:14:58 AM »
I've also managed to load custom levels into it, which means I can release a Lemmings Plus LemmixPlayer once the levels are done! (Except for one thing: I haven't managed to work out how to embed the custom difficulty rating graphics into the EXE...)
My Lemmings projects