Lemmings Boards > Reviews

Christmas Lemmings Level reviews

(1/22) > >>

Minim:
Christmas comes early! And what we will eventually have as a gift is a bunch of reviews by our users.

Yes, this is the place to go for reviewing Holiday lemmings levels from the 1994 and the 1993 version. I will start with Flurry, then Blitz. After that, we will get through Frost and Hail. On those levels we will have to do a comparison to see which level is better. Follow this link below to see where the images come from.

http://www.lemmingsforums.com/resources/holiday/

Minim:
OK. Let's start.

Flurry 1 - Climbing to the Top!

Lemmings: 10
100% to be saved
Time: 6 minutes
Release rate: 50

Skills: 20 of each

Good: Good short starter level for the game. Uses only one type of skill to complete.
Bad: With all types of skills available for a first level, it can be confusing for new players.

Clam:
Flurry 2 - Floating Lemming Flurry

Lemmings: 20
Save: 15 (75%)
Time: 8 minutes
Release rate: 25
Skills: 25 of each

Good: Another quick and easy level to ease players into the level set. The "25" theme is nice, especially considering how Christmas is on the 25th day of the month.

Bad: Why aren't there 25 lemmings as well? Not only does this break with the theme, but it leaves unusable skills as well. The overall design is a bit bland too.

Minim:
My goodness, I thought everyone forgot about this review thread but hey, I kept my temper and now this thread is back on top!

Flurry 3 - Holiday Mining

Lemmings: 80
Save: 50 (62%)
Time: 7 minutes
Release rate: 40
Skills: 30 of each

Good: You can lose 30 bombers and still win the level A nice bright colourful level with Xmas lights at the ceiling...

Bad: ...but there is too much on the outside of the level, not really as much of a challenge compared to the last one (or two).

ccexplore:
Flurry 4 - Lemming Tracks in the Snow!

Lemmings: 50
Save: 45 (90%)
Time: 6 minutes
Release rate: 25
Skills: 20 of each

Good: I dunno, cute level name maybe?  And level area is more filled out than the previous level.

Bad: Level layout and solution is way too similar to the previous level.  Mixing the use of non-snow terrain with snow terrain looks unnatural.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version