Author Topic: Favourite Graphics style: Original Lemmings  (Read 10606 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Favourite Graphics style: Original Lemmings
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2014, 02:43:49 PM »
In addition to the Crystal style, if there were also an option for the Sega style, I would vote for it. I have actually never played the SMS version, but the terrain looks visually impressive - the grass, the checkered walls in Sega colors, and the feeling like you are in either a kitchen, a garden, or generally at home. I also grew up with Sega games like Sonic the Hedgehog. One of my levels uses the Sega style, and I had a lot of fun making a level that uses the terrain pieces in a different way from the Sega levels.

If you can unlock the poll and add the Sega style (I'm not sure how the poll system really works), my vote will indeed go for that.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2014, 02:55:39 PM »
I unlocked the poll, so you can vote now.
I'm not adding the SEGA style as it's not present in all versions.

I personally like all of the styles except for dirt (I've seen some really good looking levels in it, but most of the levels in this style look rubbish to me, and I don't like bumpy terrain too much; and why is the soil so orange?), so my votes (a couple of years ago) went to marble (easy to use, very versatile and good looking) and pillar (really close call here, can't really pinpoint why I voted for this over crystal and fire).

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 03:22:02 PM »
Thanks. I voted for the Crystal style, but forgot that I could select up to two options. Oh well. I'd give the other one to Dirt because of its nature (and how it has a lot of visual appeal in levels like "You Live and Lem" and "Here's One I Prepared Earlier"). It can indeed be a challenge to make good levels with this one, though. The other three styles are very good, though.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 04:08:05 PM »
Thanks. I voted for the Crystal style, but forgot that I could select up to two options.
There should be a "Remove Vote" button below the poll results, now that you've voted. I assume that if you use it, you can re-vote, and include the one that was forgotten. :thumbsup:

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 04:09:38 PM »
Thanks! Just fixed it.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2014, 07:47:12 PM »
First bump for three years. Anyway, looks like a bunch of new users have registered on the forums, and the activity has notably grown this year, so why not present this famous poll? Looks like crystal is the most attractive set, as several people have created levels with it. Marble is edging second place over Pillar.

Sadly, I think the poll is locked.

Whoops! I totally forgot that my poll was locked. Thanks for pointing that out (and thanks to geoo for unlocking it again) I think I initially did it because I wanted to confirm the number of votes from both polls for my next poll, the Worst Graphics style.

I've seen a change today - Now Pillar is tied third place with Fire, rather than taking over Marble.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2014, 02:08:43 PM »
I picked pillar and crystal.

Pillar because it looks nice and well rounded(no jagged edges), and it is easy to create nice levels out of(in fact, I have made a level that is quite difficult, and only one member has obtained it as it was only available for a few days).

Crystal just because I've learned how to make good levels out of it.

Mariachi Skeletron Prime

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2014, 06:24:44 PM »
I voted Crystal and Dirt

Crystal because it's so beautiful to look at and Dirt because it's so atmospheric.
I would've voted Pillar over Dirt, but I rolled between 4 and 6.