Author Topic: Top ten lemmings songs  (Read 7385 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Top ten lemmings songs
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 07:35:03 PM »
My top 5, across all official versions and games combined:

5. Shadow of the Beast II theme, Mayhem 22, Original Amiga
4. London Bridge, Level 12 / 29, Original Sega Master System
3. Tim4, 10th(?) music in rotation, Orig/OhNo Windows 95 *
2. Alternate Space Level Theme, Tricky 12 & Taxing 8, Lemmings 3D DOS CD Music
1. (unknown title), Level 13 / 30, Original Sega Master System

* You might recognize this as being the track used in *every* Oblivion level I made in Cheapo; though the version in LPDOS uses a different track as LPDOS doesn't have this track.

Two honorary mentions that were all quite hard to decide between for #5:
(unknown title), 2nd music in rotation, Original DOS
(unknown title), 1st music in rotation, ONML DOS
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 01:27:08 AM »
5. Tim2 - Amiga
4. Tim5 - Sega MegaDrive
3. Dance of the Cygnets - Amiga
2. Yakedy Sax - Acorn Archimedes: Wicked 2 (Inroducing SUPERLEMMING!)
1. Forest Green - Sega MegaDrive: Fun 17, Tricky 18, SUNSOFT 29

(EDIT: Fixed broken link)

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 03:09:05 AM »
Well, I played the DOS version (which, naturally, has my favourite version of the soundtrack ;)), so I'll link to the DOS versions here.

1. This one with the intense bass and the searing synth melody. (Although I suppose it's all synth, really.)
2. This happy one with the bouncy bass line, and what might have been piano for the melody.
3. This quick-paced fun piano (?) piece. The recording I linked to seems to have some tempo problems, but maybe that's just my imagination.
4. Ronda Alla Turka. Enough said.
5. Some Tchaikovsky piece about swans maybe? The darker one. There were two Tchaikovsky pieces about swans in L1, IIRC.

Now, I couldn't find the DOS version of this one, but this version of A Beast of a Level for Mac seems pretty good too. I always liked how the sinister feeling of this song and the dark forest theme of the level it comes from complement each other.

Honourable mention: I've never played Lemmings 3D, but Prob Lem got me hooked on the soundtrack. My favourites remain Circus 1 and Circus 3 (apparently there is no Circus 2?  ???). Honestly, if I tare for my nostalgia filter, these are possibly better than most of the L1 soundtrack. They'd be good bgm for an RPG.