Author Topic: Getting a stick swung at ya!  (Read 11418 times)

G3K

Re: Getting a stick swung at ya!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2004, 04:11:45 PM »
Oh my god Icey! You just offended me! Puke is an extremely offensive word! :'(

Ice_Eagle91

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2004, 05:14:24 PM »
 :disagree:

G3K!!!! Puke is not an offending word. It means vomit! If you think I'm offending you, I did not know that! So please do not ban me! I will not write that word agaain, okay! But puke means to vomit! I did not know! You not only made me disgraced!

G3K

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2004, 08:18:06 PM »
Someone got up on the "no sense of humour" side of the bed today.

Conway

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2004, 09:16:21 PM »
Do you have any sense of humour at all, Icey? X_X G3K was obviously mocking your oversensitive attitude towards slang terms and non-formal language. You certainly won't get banned for using the word 'puke', or indeed any other word that I know of as long as your posts aren't full of mindless expletives. And why all the freakin' exclamation marks?!!!!!

Louise

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2004, 11:38:21 PM »
I never have seen the point of defined and planned out moves in sword combat. They often don't fit whatever situation you need, and your opponent my know the same ones and thus be able to anticipate it and destroy you.

There's a similar problem in martial arts. Today Conway and I were practising with this kid, and he was trying to teach Conway how to block a straight punch. Conway was rubbish at it, and pointed out that even if he could do it properly, what if the oponent did a right hook? To which the kid said ... 'Well ... he might ... but then he also might do a straight punch. So you should learn this one.' Hmm. The instructor guy is a bit better though - when I ask him a 'what if' question, he'll go 'You'd do this (demonstrates with random victim, too fast for me to follow) - but we'll be covering that later.' Leaving me hoping I won't get in a fight until we've covered it, else I'll be standing there saying to my attacker 'Stand there a minute ... I'm trying to remember how to wrist-chuck you ...' lol.  

And apparently, the answer to 'what if my opponent also knows JuJitsu' is: a) be quicker and better at it than he is, or b) run away very fast.  :D

Ice_Eagle91

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2004, 03:34:44 AM »
Quote from: Conway  link=1094683070/15#18 date=1095542181
Do you have any sense of humour at all, Icey? X_X G3K was obviously mocking your oversensitive attitude towards slang terms and non-formal language. You certainly won't get banned for using the word 'puke', or indeed any other word that I know of as long as your posts aren't full of mindless expletives. And why all the freakin' exclamation marks?!!!!!

:'( :'( :'(

That was a mean tirade, Conway! And it includes one insult! And one bad word!

[glb]No really.[/glb]

G3K...about my sense of humor...I often laugh at funny stuff, but when you told me that puke was an extremely offending word, I felt like I was really offending you! I didn't know that it was just a joke! :-/

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2004, 12:36:10 AM »
It seemed like rather obvious sarcasm to me.

And that's a very neat picture, Andi. I like it [Let me guess -- 'I would'] XD