Author Topic: What skills can't you live without?  (Read 33516 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: What skills can't you live without?
« Reply #270 on: April 23, 2018, 02:24:17 pm »
So, nine years after we agreed on the necessary skills for Tricky 19, and three years after we thought the entire topic was finished, Nessy points out that it can be done without the digger.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2018, 12:47:56 am »
So, nine years after we agreed on the necessary skills for Tricky 19, and three years after we thought the entire topic was finished, Nessy points out that it can be done without the digger.

Not quite. We still don't have any result for Mayhem 2 of Prima. :P
My released level packs:
Lemmings Plus Series | Doomsday Lemmings

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 24, 2018, 03:27:54 am »

Nice one!  I just solved it without watching the video.  I'm truly shocked nobody found this one earlier, especially since I had experimented with a similar solution for the "Under 1 minute" thread.

Offline ccexplore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2018, 08:08:26 am »

Nice one!  I just solved it without watching the video.  I'm truly shocked nobody found this one earlier, especially since I had experimented with a similar solution for the "Under 1 minute" thread.

I can't replicate the youtube video in legacy Lemmix, the steps seem too wide and the basher stops after one stroke.  LemSteven/Proxima, did either of you have a chance to actually try it out in either Lemmix or DOS Lemmings?

I'm not well versed enough in what mechanics were tweaked in NeoLemmix to apparently make it possible there, maybe someone else can chime in.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2018, 08:38:06 am »
I didn't see Nessy's solution in the video, but if it's what I think it is...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...then no, this will not work on DOS / vanilla Lemmix. NeoLemmix's basher is a fair bit more sensitive than the DOS L1 basher.
My released level packs:
Lemmings Plus Series | Doomsday Lemmings

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 24, 2018, 08:56:41 am »
Hmm. I tested it on the Lemmix Player I have, but now that I look again at the player, it has "Lemmings, NeoLemmix Edition" on the main menu screen. Sorry about the confusion :( Where does one get vanilla Lemmix players these days?

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2018, 01:41:44 am »
I did my solution in DOSBox, and it turns out it was completely different from Nessy's solution (which I believe doesn't work in DOS):

The Basic Idea: (click to show/hide)

Solution (click to show/hide)