Lemmings Boards > Reviews

Lemmings 2: The Tribes - Level Reviews

(1/6) > >>

GuyPerfect:
Quick! Help me jump on the bandwagon!

Level snapshots are here, and I'll be uploading more as I play through them all again. (-: But we should have enough for now, so let's have at it.

The order I'm listing the levels on that page start with Classic and move clockwise around the island. I suggest we keep it organized that way.

Unless otherwise noted, we'll be doing the Amiga/DOS levels in this thread. The Game Boy version has many a different level, so I'll have to go make a second pass through all the tribes in order to "properly" review them all if we really really feel like it.

----------

Classic 1: Do You Remember?

Time: 5:00
Skills: 20 of each of the "classic eight"

Good: A simple level for starting off the game with. Gives several of each ability to play around with and find different ways to the exit. Is also single-screen so you don't have to scroll your way to glory.

Bad:  Stage is cramped and requires the Builder. For a first-time Lemmings player, this level might be a bit confusing.

Dullstar:
Thanks for starting this, GuyPerfect.  I wish I had more time to review, but...

Clam:
I think we should add the score required for Gold to each review. Can anyone verify that the numbers given on the Lemmings Encyclopedia are correct here?

Classic 2 - Mr Lemmy Lives Next Door

Time: 5 minutes
Skills: 1-10-2-2-6-1-1-1 (Classic skills)
Gold: 100% (Note: use "Lose x" format when 100% is not required)

Good: Clever solution, hard to spot at first. Attempts at the "direct route" prove futile - as they should.

Bad: One lemming does everything. Solution has a few awkward parts - making sure the bridge connects with the steel when you reach the left side, mining down without over/undershooting, and preventing the climber getting stuck in an "infinite loop" around the outside.

GuyPerfect:
The medals you get after every stage depend on how many Lemmings you started with and how many you saved. If you start with 1 Lemming and complete the stage, you'll get a gold medal. At the end of the tribe, the color of the piece of the talisman depends on how many of the original 60 Lemmings you ended up saving in the last level.

A gold talisman piece for Classic requires 53 Lemmings.

----------

Classic 3 - LEMTRIS

Time: 4:00
Skills: 4 of each of the "classic eight"

Good: With only 4 Bashers, the player needs to improvise to break through all the tetriminoes.

Bad: A lot of walking. I've found myself cutting off routes back to the right in order to save on waiting later. Lemmings that traverse the entire distance multiple times might not make it to the exit before time runs out.

Clam:

--- Quote from: GuyPerfect on 2009-09-11 19:30:51 ---The medals you get after every stage depend on how many Lemmings you started with and how many you saved.

--- End quote ---

Isn't it just based on how many lemmings you lose in the level? Or do you end up with a situation where if you start with only a handful of lemmings, you have to save more than is possible on some levels where lemmings have to be sacrificed? (Which would be the inevitable result of any other formula)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version