Author Topic: The level design game!  (Read 43872 times)

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: The level design game!
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2009, 07:05:21 AM »
I imagined something like ccexplore's solution for this challenge. Obviously, I only had a vague idea of it. Both solutions were amazing! Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Like prog metal? Listen at Izkemia on MySpace or Facebook.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2009, 07:18:23 AM »
Good job on ClamSpammer's level.  :thumbsup: I think I might be able to remove some of the steel areas in my level, but some of the "artificial" aspects will probably remain.

It looks like I'll be somewhat busy with real life stuff for the next few days, so I'll call open floor yet again, and I think I will also sit out the next challenge or two.  It's about time for someone else to win the next challenge. ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2009, 10:17:15 AM »
Make a level with two lemmings, both of which must be saved, and both of which must take different paths to get to the exit.
You are only allowed one entrance and one exit.
You must not have exactly one climber. None is fine, two or more is fine. The same applies to floaters.
Both lemmings must use at least 4 skills each. (As usual, without skill wasting)
It must not be possible to send them both via the same route. However, it's acceptable (but not required) to make it so that either lemming can go either way as long as they both go different ways. It's also acceptable (but again, not required) to have more than two possible routes, as long as the two lemmings must each take a different one.

Any release rate and time limit is fine. Any skillset is also fine, as long as it follows the rule above about climbers and floaters.

EDIT: As usual, glitch solutions do not count either way.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2009, 04:22:27 PM »
Tried to keep it simple :D

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2009, 05:32:27 PM »
Unfortunately, this level doesn't meet the requirements. Both lemmings can reach the exit using the same route. I've attached a replay.
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2009, 05:57:04 PM »
Unfortunately, this level doesn't meet the requirements. Both lemmings can reach the exit using the same route. I've attached a replay.

Oops! How embarrassing  :-[

Here's the fixed version.

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2009, 06:15:13 PM »
The new steel part you added hasn't been "steeled", and can be bashed through along the way so he can return. Apart from that, I can't find any other way to ruin your day. :D
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »
The new steel part you added hasn't been "steeled", and can be bashed through along the way so he can return. Apart from that, I can't find any other way to ruin your day. :D

AHHH

hahahaha :P

OK, the weird thing is that I actually "steeled" it (you can check it in Lemmix). So, your bashing through steel solution would fit into the glitch category I guess.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2009, 06:42:16 PM »
I need to get Lemmix working again  :XD:

Basically, this. 1 builder, 8 bashers are skills. RR 99. First builds, 2nd has no choice but to take the low road.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2009, 07:28:54 PM »
I need to get Lemmix working again  :XD:

Basically, this. 1 builder, 8 bashers are skills. RR 99. First builds, 2nd has no choice but to take the low road.

But, you have 8 bashers. If you don't build, both lemmings will fall to the lower story, and you can make them bash the pillars together.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2009, 07:50:43 PM »
oooh, good point, missed the obvious

I think what I can do then is make the first three pillars on top thin, and the bottom four thick. Then the fourth wall on top covers the "meeting" point so one lemming is forced to take the high road to eliminate this obstacle.

Or I guess I can make the top road's obstacles diggers or something like that. Give me a second.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2009, 08:30:35 PM »
I promised to sit out on this challenge and I will, but I can't help but say that it would've taken literally less than a minute for me to throw together a level that satisfy the challenge.  [edit:  whoops, I didn't read the 4-skills-each requirement, so maybe a few minutes not one]  To avoid spoiling the current challenge though, I won't say anything more about it, at least not until someone has finally gotten the challenge.

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »
I promised to sit out on this challenge and I will, but I can't help but say that it would've taken literally less than a minute for me to throw together a level that satisfy the challenge.  [edit:  whoops, I didn't read the 4-skills-each requirement, so maybe a few minutes not one]  To avoid spoiling the current challenge though, I won't say anything more about it, at least not until someone has finally gotten the challenge.

But my level complies with the rules, doesn't it?  ???

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2009, 08:42:50 PM »
I didn't look at anyone's levels so that could well be the case.  Anyway, one minute turns out to be an exaggeration because I failed to read the rule about 4 skills each :-[, but that would've just required me to add more terrain pieces I think.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2009, 09:33:35 PM »
It just occurred to me I can extend namida's challenge, so if someone's calling open floor, let me know and I can contribute the next challenge.