Author Topic: Custlemm Level Pack Topic  (Read 93150 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: Custlemm Level Pack Topic
« Reply #330 on: May 10, 2009, 01:30:09 AM »
Yeah, having unintended backroutes can be very annoying for us developers.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 15, 2009, 10:27:30 AM »
Found another one :sad:. Oh well. I don't plan on fixing these backroutes any more. Better to move on and make some new levels.

I've noticed two new packs on the levelpacks database, Yawg01 and Yawg02. 01 has some decent (if simple) levels, and 02 looks like it might be a very good pack. I haven't played through it yet, but some of these levels seem to be genuinely difficult.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 15, 2009, 11:01:20 PM »
Backroutes should be ignored at this rate, I guess.  It gets a little bit out of hand to have to fix them all the time.  The original developers never got a chance...

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 16, 2009, 02:05:03 AM »
I've played through Yawg02. As I thought, some of these levels are actually quite tough. The "Timeless Mastrpiece" levels are the best IMHO (spelling aside - unless that's intentional?) There's a few backroutes, but some of these use fairly obscure glitches.

01 has some decent, simple levels. "The Brick" stands out as a clever little puzzle. Unfortunately, two levels have huge backroutes which make them quite trivial.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 16, 2009, 03:52:53 AM »
Ha ha.  The whole backroute discussion reminds me of the level I'm working on called "Ode to Ceiling Routes."  Once it's done, I'll put it in the Epic Lemmings Game topic.

Offline -H0ru5-

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 24, 2009, 07:10:51 PM »
University ended for a while...
Checked this new levelpak and it's contains some suprisingly difficult puzzles despite the tons of backroutes on other levels. What remained are:
To Each His Own
The Brick
Two Sisters - however seemed to be easy
A Timeless Mastrpiece
Another Timeless Mastrpiece - saw it and skipped it :sick:
Three Good Reasons

It is possible the spelling is not intentional... the levelpacks are a bit messed up to look as if the author had to do it very quickly - I mean the obvious backroutes or the "0% to be saved" on level 9, but it's still worthy for download. The Journey Of Lem was the most interesting from those I solved because I felt I had followed the the authors imagination.
For a little challenge: try to solve "With A Little Help From" by letting go the lemming from left to the exit instantly. To be honest I couldn't figure out how he should help XD

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 25, 2009, 12:25:24 AM »
Interesting... The version I downloaded has no 0% requirements. You must have downloaded it at the wrong moment :). And with a handy little technique, "With A Little Help From" becomes more than just easy - it's practically trivial.