Author Topic: Religion Arguments  (Read 13616 times)

hydraboxdog

Religion Arguments
« on: September 03, 2004, 04:43:28 PM »
Here is the new topic.

Andi

Re: Religion Arguments
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 06:31:45 PM »
This topic doesn't contain any content! So it's SPAM!

:spam: :spam: :spam:

Conway

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 07:47:01 PM »
I think Hydra wants us to argue about religion. That's fine by me, but I think Hydra should start the argument. Over to you, Hydra . . .

hydraboxdog

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 11:43:36 PM »
Well if you go to Schools Back in off-topic you will see the arguments I posted last time.
:)

Andi

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 07:20:51 AM »
This topic is nonesense.

Conway

Sorry to have to do this!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 07:26:34 PM »
Having just read the 'schools back' thread, I now know why this was started. Sorry to anyone who doesn't want a religious discussion on this site, but I NEED TO REPLY!

From 'schools back':
The church is evil! (Or : The church, Microsoft? What's the different?) Why?
The answer: The church have started several times in the past "huntings" for people who not believed in god or where for some other reasons not liked by the church. They said people with other religions are witches and wizards and are not worth to live. They made war against the eastern because they wanted "to free Jerusalem (or however it's called in english)" and defeat the "infidels".
You ask why I bring that and MS together? The answer is easy:
Microsoft eliminates all his enemies to have everything for itself. Just like the church. When every other religion is destroyed, they have the full power. The church prepared everything for a monopol. "You shall not have any other godsthan me!" ("You shall not use any other software than MS!")

One of the basic principles of most religion is that there is only one God with one standard of worship. And this is exactly why most religions view each other as a bad influence and are opposed. The thing is that there can only be one true religion worshiping God correctly, and it's terribly ironic that so many think they're right when opposing others also thinking they're right. I think this is why so many hate religion, because they're in such a mess of confusion and hypocrisy.

This is also why I love religious discussions, because I am religious and believe the best thing to do in defence of God and how He is terribly misrepresented, is to carefully and tactfully explain the truth from the bible whenever appropriate to those who may benefit from knowing more about God and His purposes for mankind.

I can only grimace at the mental response of atheists reading the above, but the thing is that we're not so different. We are all in search of the truth, or if we believe we already have it, we can only benefit by expanding our minds to new concepts and ideas and learning more about what we think we already know.

I am not one of those people who think that religion and science are speaking different languages, but I believe they can live in harmony. (The bible never says the earth is only 6000 years old!) And there are no proven scientific facts that contradict the bible.

Thread of interest

hydraboxdog

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 08:17:31 PM »
QUOTE FROM G3K: (To the best of my knowledge, he was a practising Catholic. In addition, despite my beliefs (or lack of any) I go to a Catholic school (on a sidenote, the "Catholic/everyone else" divide is a pretty major cause of segregation and hatred in my country, which brings me to dislike the Church even more)

Well, G3K, to the best of my knowledge, Catholic teachings are against us evolving from apes. So your teacher was teaching anti-Catholic things.

G3K

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 08:25:00 PM »
Oh well, seems like I've been taught by the anti-christ himself then... &#AC;_&#AC;

Anatol

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 08:26:20 PM »
Hey, Conway! Nice to have another creationist on the forum! However, I don't know from where you got the idea that Jesus was an angel? Is it from the Bible somewhere?

Andi

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2004, 08:34:27 PM »
I'm not sure. But somehow I'm glad I was taught by protestants. Even I don't care to it now. If you are happy with god, be happy.

G3K

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2004, 08:40:45 PM »
Okay, I'd better outline my beliefs right here right now...

Recently I came across the term "agnostic", and decided that suits my position far better; for the unenlightened, Google defines "agnostic" as "a person who believes that, at our present level of knowledge, we cannot know whether or not a God exists."

I'd like a world free of discrimination and hatred where people are free to pursue their beliefs without obstruction of any sort, it's just that I don't see how ANY sort of supernatural being could exist.

Anatol

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2004, 08:41:25 PM »
A large portion of the evolutionists' theory seems to be that religion causes nothing but trouble. As I already stated, it HAS caused trouble. But then atheism has also caused problems.

One of Communism's main tenets is that religion should not be allowed. To this day, Christians are persecuted by Communist governments because of their beliefs.

Atheistic Communism is FAR more violent than Christianity ever was. For example, about 3000-4000 people were executed in the Spanish Inquisition. Under Mao Zedong, China's Communist leader, 10's of MILLIONS died! So as far as body count goes, it seems that atheism is winning!

hydraboxdog

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2004, 08:43:27 PM »
Quote from: G3K  link=1094229808/0#10 date=1094416845
I'd like a world free of discrimination and hatred where people are free to pursue their beliefs without obstruction of any sort, it's just that I don't see how ANY sort of supernatural being could exist.

It is beyond human comprehension.

Andi

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2004, 08:45:05 PM »
Hm, You have to see it from another point of view. If there are only atheism people, no one can be killed because of his religion. :D

Anatol

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2004, 08:48:12 PM »
Haha! :D Well, if everyone agreed, we couldn't post on an ARGUMENTS topic, could we? And that wouldn't be any fun!
:D