Author Topic: General Comings and Goings  (Read 152042 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: General Comings and Goings
« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2018, 06:25:33 PM »
Over new year I moved into another flat. Unfortunately it hasn't yet any internet connection and although my ISP promised that it will be up "within days", I now got the information that I won't have any internet there for the next 3-4 weeks. Therefore I will be mostly absent from the forums during January. So don't worry - I will be coming back :)

ISP and "within days" ...... those words don't go together! :XD:  I feel for you! ;P

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 11, 2018, 09:03:48 PM »
Over new year I moved into another flat. Unfortunately it hasn't yet any internet connection and although my ISP promised that it will be up "within days", I now got the information that I won't have any internet there for the next 3-4 weeks. Therefore I will be mostly absent from the forums during January. So don't worry - I will be coming back :)

ISP and "within days" ...... those words don't go together! :XD:  I feel for you! ;P

Preaching to the choir there Icho -Glares at Comcast-

That means New format updates are gonna be slow for the time being?

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 11, 2018, 11:24:37 PM »
@Flopsy: glad to hear she made it through okay :thumbsup: Hope she can recover well and quickly.

That explains why you've disappeared on IRC for the past couple of weeks :P
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #348 on: March 12, 2018, 08:00:50 PM »
I'm back from vacation everybody! Florida was really nice, and I got to visit the Magic Kingdom one day! :D

My video uploads will start back up on Wednesday, starting with SEB Lems.

Also, I actually got recognized at Disney World. No joke, people actually know Colorful Arty outside the internet, so that was weird. If you don't believe me, I took a picture of the monument they made for me.

See, it look just like me!
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 12, 2018, 10:45:11 PM »
No... one... mines like Gaston.
Makes them climb like Gaston.
No-one gets to the exit in time like Gaston.
I'm especially fond of the F12 button.
My what a guy, that Gaston!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 19, 2018, 09:51:08 PM »
I'm not going to be checking in on the forum or IRC regularly for a while; not sure how long yet. Also probably won't be doing any video/stream related things either.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 20, 2018, 01:05:48 AM »
I think I will step back a bit from testing levels from other people for the time being and focus on my own projects and maintaining the level contests.

I still will take a few small personal test requests if the person doesn't want me to hold back my opinions.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 20, 2018, 01:10:56 PM »
After much thought and recent events causing my level making confidence to take a severe knock, I've decided to take an indefinite break from IRC activities.

This was not an easy decision but I feel it's the best one to make for now for myself and everyone else.

EDIT: Other parts of my life outside this community have deteriorated to a point where I need to focus on those parts instead, it's nothing personal against anyone, recent events just opened my eyes a bit to how things are in my life.

During this time, I will not be hosting anymore Jackbox sessions or making anymore YouTube content.

I will still develop level pack content and testers for MegSEGAbytes should carry on as normal (if they wish).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:05:59 PM by Flopsy »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 20, 2018, 05:18:28 PM »
Sorry to hear that, and all the best! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 31, 2018, 08:33:04 AM »
I will be at my hometown over the easter days until roughly next wensday. So less activity during that time frame. ;)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 20, 2018, 04:13:03 PM »
I'll be travelling for the next 4.5 months from tonight, so I don't know how frequently I'll check the forums.
While I'm in Ethiopia (first 3 weeks) and Spain (1 week) probably not at all, while I'll have to see how my internship in the US (last 3.5 months) goes.
So send any moderation requests etc to the other admins/mods.

btw if anyone lives in the Bay area California, we could consider meeting up at some point.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 20, 2018, 09:27:08 PM »
I'll be travelling for the next 4.5 months from tonight, so I don't know how frequently I'll check the forums.
While I'm in Ethiopia (first 3 weeks) and Spain (1 week) probably not at all, while I'll have to see how my internship in the US (last 3.5 months) goes.
So send any moderation requests etc to the other admins/mods.

btw if anyone lives in the Bay area California, we could consider meeting up at some point.

how about posting some pictures of the super awesome places you're visiting when you come back ;)

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 21, 2018, 07:54:26 AM »
So the internship is at Bay Area?  Is it at or close to Silicon Valley?  In any case, good luck and hope it works out well!  Are you alone there or do you have other people you already know that are either also interning or are currently living near the area?

Kinda expensive though, do they help subsidize or completely pay for the housing for the duration of the internship?

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 21, 2018, 07:38:45 PM »
Bay Area, Mountain View specifically. I guess that might allow you to guess the company I'm interning with. :P
And it's a paid internship, so while I have to cover the housing cost myself it's at least manageable.
I have colleague interning roughly at the same time, I know someone (via the African teaching connection) who's working at YouTube nearby, and a Berkeley student.

I'm surprised how well (i.e. it can actually load pages) the Wifi here works, from my past experience Wifi in Ethiopia has always been dreadful and the only somewhat realiable way of getting internet was mobile data.

Hah, I can also dig out some pictures from my previous two visits. Monkeys on campus and construction scaffolding made entirely of eucalyptus wood are just some of the cool things here :)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 27, 2018, 07:48:20 PM »
I'll be at my hometown from Tuesday to probably Sunday/Monday. So less activity there, but I will be able to start new voting rounds in LOTY.

I probably won't be able to update the current contest level pack though, but simply get the newest version through the update topic. I think it's only Arty's level anyway that could be updated again during the timeframe. ;P