Author Topic: General Comings and Goings  (Read 152071 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: General Comings and Goings
« Reply #255 on: October 31, 2016, 05:57:37 PM »
Welcome back, Icho! I'm glad the operation went well!

As you said, take it slow and give yourself time after the operation. :)
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 31, 2016, 07:34:36 PM »
I'll be traveling from Nov 1 to Nov 17.  I expect at least limited Internet access most of the time, but it'll mostly be on a phone.  Given how relatively inactive I have been lately, I might not even have bothered to announce this, except since I'm admin I need to make sure no one is planning on leaving me as the sole executor of admin duties during this time period. ;)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 02, 2016, 03:01:26 PM »
I'm away on a trip to Dundee, Scotland with my fiacee from 3rd-6th November.

I'm going to be visiting the original DMA offices and the Lemmings statues in Dundee. I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures and get some videos.
Going to Glamis Castle and visiting Edinburgh as well :thumbsup:

Needless to say I won't be in the IRC until very late on Sunday after today.
I'll still be able to respond to my PMs on the forums though if you need to get hold of me ;P

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 02, 2016, 03:08:58 PM »
That's really awesome, Flopsy! Let us all know how it goes! It really must be an exciting trip for you guys :thumbsup: !

That's also really awesome how you're visitng the DMA offices like Prob Lem did during her trip!

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 02, 2016, 11:53:58 PM »
It always seems to rain here in Scotland as they say well hoping you will have some nice weather when you go there flopsy.

Oh I remember Prob lem getting a few pictures of the lemming statues. The statues look quite cool. :)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 03, 2016, 05:15:10 PM »
I'll be sure to make a new topic about the trip to the Lemmings statues/old DMA Office.

I would have replied to Prob Lem's topic but a forum message said that I should make a new topic instead, eventhough they are pretty much about the same thing.
What would be the correct thing to do?

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 03, 2016, 06:00:37 PM »
I think creating a new topic is a good idea. After all, this is about your experiences in Scotland, not Prob Lem's. :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 03, 2016, 09:29:41 PM »
@Flopsy; be sure to try a pretzel there and tell me what it's like. Because several years ago friends of my family from Sctoland was visiting us here in U.S. and she got a pretzel (can't remember if it was hard or soft...) and she was shocked and confused by the pretzel saying "what is this? This is a pretzel?" And for some reason I don't remember I never got to ask her what exactly pretzels are "supposed" to look like. Or maybe she told me but I forget.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 05, 2016, 06:13:33 PM »
I just got back from England, went to visit relatives.  Been in Canada 23 years now.  I'ts crazy that it doesnt feel that long.

Heres a picture of me in my favorite sweet shop in my hometown.   So glad its still there.  I loaded up on stuff to take back to Canada hehe

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 09, 2016, 07:31:43 AM »
Computer crashed 3 times in one day, made a B line to Backup everything i had
I think its life is just about through, I hope i can get a new computer soon
Because i have little time to work on Holiday GigaLems 2016

Why must the world hate me :(

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 09, 2016, 08:45:59 PM »
I'll be on vacation from Nov 11 until Dec 7th, so namida will have to run the admin show on his own next week (which he's basically been doing for the past year(s) anyway). I'll probably only have sporadic internet access, and don't plan to check the forums or IRC.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 13, 2016, 07:50:34 AM »
So I just found out, Round 1 is finally hitting Utah

Finally i'll get to play DDR A, won't be until 2017

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 13, 2016, 10:03:44 AM »
You may already heard that I have some internet problems at my place currently :(     (writing this at the university)

Now I know the cause: The internet company did not properly recognise my roommate's payment! That's also why everything is blinking green and connecting as normal here! Just the internet is blocked. The company already apologised and if we are lucky it's back online 0:01am (German timezone) on Tuesday, if we are unlucky 0:01am (German timezone) on Thursday, as they sadly only start to work on it on Monday. :devil: Also we get ~2€ off onto the next payment.

When it's back up I will try to double my video output on Youtube for a few days to slowly catch up to the status quo. Also then I will try to convert Simon's and my stream to flv + upload it when it's ready.

So no big activity from me until it's back up, only some checks from the university's pc.

RANT: I hate the incompetence of internet providers here in Germany!!! :devil:  The cable network in Germany is behind the likes in Romania and the service can be utter crap sometimes most of the time!! :devil:

At least I can build some levels and record the game I want to Let's play after Tiberium Dawn. Yes I finished recording that already and as I have nothing to do besides university stuff now I can/want to pre-produce even more ;P

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 13, 2016, 09:15:02 PM »

RANT: I hate the incompetence of internet providers here in Germany!!! :devil:  The cable network in Germany is behind the likes in Romania and the service can be utter crap sometimes most of the time!! :devil:

I guess icho knows how i felt towards Comcast

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #269 on: November 15, 2016, 07:18:38 AM »
What is it with ISPs being all around awful companies?