Author Topic: General Comings and Goings  (Read 152128 times)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Re: General Comings and Goings
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2014, 11:49:47 PM »
If I'm right that will be your winter months just now Clam (June, July, August) I think August is usually the coldest of the three then again I could be wrong.

I wonder if you are going to the (London bridge in arizona), which I think is located in lake havasu city because I wonder if that was the london bridge that was meant in the song london bridge is falling down.

It looks for certain that this bridge is not falling down anymore.  :thumbsup:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/02/london-bridge-falling-down-arizona-sun-drugs

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2014, 05:35:37 AM »
Hello, all! I am back.

I suppose most of you probably either don't remember me or never knew me in the first place, but I used to come around here quite often (well, "here" as in "the last incarnation of this site, and Lemmings Universe before that", not so much here at this specific location). I had got quite busy with college and all some years back, and had actually not even played any Lemmings game in years before I broke my leg two years back and ended up playing through the entirety of the game on a fortuitously available PSP to preserve my sanity while recovering. After that, I decided to get as many Lemmings games as possible working on my computer again, but didn't have much time to play them after I recovered.

Now I finally have more time to get back into playing Lemmings (and hopefully actually get some levels made this time around like I'd always planned). Not as much time as I would like, of course, because now I have work instead of school, but hey. Still more time than I had. Also, I'm not as burned out on forums as I was a few years back, when I mostly drifted away from all of them.

Anyhow, yeah. Slightly rambling story there. For anyone who does still remember me, I'm back. For everyone else, nice to meet you! I doubt I'll be as active around here as I was ten years ago, but I hope to at least drop in fairly frequently again from here on out, having found the place again. :D

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2014, 06:33:44 AM »
Hi Lemika! I only got here a bit short of two years ago, so I've not met you yet, though I did see some of your posts during the time I simply read the forum prior to joining.

Nice to meet you! :thumbsup:

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2014, 01:02:27 AM »
I'll be on my way to Ghana tomorrow where I'll stay until the end of the year. There is internet at the institute where I'm at, though for the next two weeks I'll be on the road and thus not available here.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2014, 01:25:52 AM »
Have a safe trip! :D

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2014, 04:31:55 AM »
Got back home from Arizona today :)

Grand Canyon - check
Extreme heat - check (but dodged the worst of it - just before I got there it was 40°C with dust storms)
Salad bar with cantaloupe (and not banana) - check
Corndogs - check
London Bridge - nope (too far out of the way)

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2014, 06:21:11 PM »
I'll be in 'Frisco until the end of the month, so I won't be on the forum or IRC much at all. And then I'm doing my first full year at UBC, so it may be some time until I finally finish my forest tile set. (Yikes, I started that... four months ago?) Anyway, keep being an awesome, friendly group of people I've never met until I get back.  :D

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2014, 09:56:40 PM »
Take care out there, and best of luck. :thumbsup:

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2014, 07:30:22 PM »
well im just about to enter my senior year of high school and there two things I'll doing this weekend
1.Attending a program at the same place I was for two weeks (Earning $10)
2.Watching Pokémon world championships '14 on twitch

I just can't believe I am a senior already

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #144 on: August 15, 2014, 11:41:08 PM »
Prob Lem -- Hi! Yeah, it's been a while since I've been around here very much. Thanks for the welcome!

geoo -- Have a good trip! Sounds interesting.

Clam -- Sounds like you had a good trip, minus the extreme heat (although to my mind, at least, that's unavoidable in the southwest).

NaOH -- Good luck!

Giga -- I've always had a slightly iffy grasp of the whole junior/senior/whathaveyou thing (I think senior is the last one?), but good luck!

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2014, 10:41:21 AM »
Welcome back to the forum Lemika

Time does tend to go by quickly, I think the older you get the faster it seems but then again that's getting into deep thinking there.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2014, 08:53:52 PM »
I still have interest in Lemmings but right now I am more busy then I ever have been in my entire life. I don't like it much at all to be honest. I quite honestly would rather be a bum then work hard. Money/Independence isn't worth that much to me. I wish I could sit around and play Lemmings all day  :(

good luck to everyone else who also seems to be busy around here.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2014, 02:29:00 AM »
Take your time, work hard and make something. Productivity makes proud and happy.

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2014, 06:26:26 PM »
I'm going to be staying at my girlfriend's house out-of-town for the next week and a half, so it's likely I won't be on very much. I do have my laptop with me, so at times when she isn't home (exams and whatnot), I'll still be able to work on my projects and possibly even pop onto the forums, but yeah, expect me to be a lot less active for the next week and a half or so. Have fun guys! :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2014, 10:51:30 PM »
Take care, and have a good trip, namida. :thumbsup: