Someone call Insane Steve, I need to know what happens after you reach the desert town, Caj, in the Yoshi's World demo.
I remember he was working on this Yoshi game around 2005, and I went to his personal website a few years ago to see if there was anything new, and while I was there I redownloaded the demo! But it looks like his website is no longer live :\ I was able to find another post about it from 2005 on another forum, but as far as I can tell that's the only evidence that it ever existed.
So I might literally be the last person on the planet who has this gem of a game demo. So I thought I'd:
1) Put the zip file for the demo in here in case anyone else wants to play it! Shockingly it... Does run natively in Windows 11 if I run the "winsetup" and tell it to run in 640x480 resolution.
2) Ask if anyone here still has a way to ask Insane Steve "Hey, did you ever get any farther with that silly Yoshi game you were working on literally 20+ years ago?"
Also, for "Who is this rando and why do they know people?" context, I haven't been on here much in the last... * checks notes *... Decade... But, a very long time ago I was known here as "dumb_lem"! Then for a short time I was known as Xan_Kriegor, and I made a Chicago-themed tileset for Lix, but I don't believe it was ever integrated into an actual game release!
thank god you downloaded this demo :thumbsup:
beacuse it would've come lost media and no one would
ever be able to play that demo
lucky that you did it :laugh: