Lemmings Forums

Off-Topic Boards => General Discussion => Topic started by: Simon on August 17, 2026, 09:30:39 PM

Title: German meetup in Kassel, Sat Feb 20 through Sun Feb 28, 2027
Post by: Simon on August 17, 2026, 09:30:39 PM
Hi,

we have a few German members. Who's up to meet for a few days?

Update September 2026: Saturday, February 20th, 2027 through Sunday, February 28th, 2027 is the week. Everybody is welcome to join!

I live in Kassel, Germany and will host the meetup at my place. Let me know if you'd like to join.

Flopsy considers flying here from the UK for a week. To book a flight reasonably cheap, Flopsy needs concrete dates in 2027 by October/November 2026 at latest. I'd like to pin it down by November. Reasonable dates will be around February 2027 or March 2027. I have a weak preference for early March, but really anything in February/March would fit. I'll make up my mind and will let you know within the next few months. We've chosen the final week of February.

IchoTolot lives nearby and will be happy to come over.

Ideas for what we can do:


-- Simon
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: IchoTolot on August 18, 2026, 03:09:52 PM
As already stated in the post, I am happy to join.  :thumbsup: 

This basically came as an idea regarding the recent UK meetup and we thought about asking around who would be willing for a similar meetup in germany.  :)
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: Flopsy on August 18, 2026, 03:39:51 PM
Me too, I'm happy with the proposed idea we discussed on the Lix IRC. I'm happy to travel to Germany for this meet up.

Might need to invest in a new laptop before then if working on Lemmings projects side by side is going to be a thing though  :)
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: Armani on August 18, 2026, 04:25:51 PM
dang, I really picked the wrong starting location! :devil:  :devil:
Hope you have a good time.. :devil:
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: Swerdis on August 18, 2026, 04:39:32 PM
Sounds interesting. I'm really thinking about it - Kassel is not THAT far away from the city I live in.
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: Simon on August 18, 2026, 05:30:17 PM
Happy to have you here!

-- Simon
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: geoo on August 18, 2026, 06:18:54 PM
I'd be happy to meet up if I'm around at the time.

So far though, I expect that I won't be in Europe between mid-October and the end of March.
I think from May onwards would be the best bet for me.
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: Kingshadow on August 18, 2026, 08:42:54 PM
If I'm able to get my passport sorted out, I'd love to make holiday arrangements to spend a week in Germany. Flopsy and I have had a little talk about it in PM.  :thumbsup:
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: Simon on August 19, 2026, 07:44:02 PM
Happy to have you here!

I can provide full sleeping gear (airbed, sheets, pillow, blanket) for up to 2 guests in the living room. It makes sense to offer this option to guests from the UK first, to allow you to travel light. I recommend that extra guests book a hotel, but I can host a 3rd guest at my place as long as he brings full sleeping gear himself.

-- Simon
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: Flopsy on August 27, 2026, 11:55:45 AM
Quote from: Simon on August 19, 2026, 07:44:02 PMHappy to have you here!

I can provide full sleeping gear (airbed, sheets, pillow, blanket) for up to 2 guests in the living room. It makes sense to offer this option to guests from the UK first, to allow you to travel light. I recommend that extra guests book a hotel, but I can host a 3rd guest at my place as long as he brings full sleeping gear himself.

-- Simon

Really appreciate the kind gesture to accommodate us Simon.

Just bumping the topic too. See if there's anymore interest
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: IchoTolot on August 27, 2026, 04:01:26 PM
That reminds me: I am probably away on the weekend of the 6.3.2027 as most likely a wedding where I am invited will take place there.
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: WillLem on August 28, 2026, 05:11:02 AM
I would absolutely love to visit Germany and meet everybody. If I do manage to come over in Feb, I'll likely arrange my own accomodation so as not to overwhelm Simon with guests.

@Simon - I believe you live on a mountain! Are there relatively inexpensive hotels/BnBs nearby?
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: Simon on August 28, 2026, 12:01:24 PM
PM sent!

It's not decided yet who will sleep at my place, who will go to a hotel, or who will be here in the first place. Looking forward to you all.

-- Simon
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: Simon on September 09, 2026, 07:00:44 PM
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQU36_MXMAU7k1y.jpg)

Besides hotel rooms, it's also possible to look for a holiday apartment (Ferienwohnung).

If exactly 2 guests are going to sleep elsewhere than in my living room (I'll call such guests "outside sleepers"), sharing 1 hotel room is roughly the same cost as sharing an apartment. With 3 or 4 outside sleepers, finding a flat for the group becomes sensible. The closest hotel is 1.7 km (1 mile) away from my place anyway.

       January               February                 March       
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su   Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su   Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
             1  2  3    1  2  3  4  5  6  7    1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 4  5  6  7  8  9 10    8  9 10 11 12 13 14    8  9 10 11 12 13 14
11 12 13 14 15 16 17   15 16 17 18 19 20 21   15 16 17 18 19 20 21
18 19 20 21 22 23 24   22 23 24 25 26 27 28   22 23 24 25 26 27 28
25 26 27 28 29 30 31                          29 30 31


I'm loosely considering the last week of February 2027: Saturday, February 20 through Sunday, February 28. It's also possible to drag that a few days earlier or later. E.g., if it's better for your travelling, include the earlier Friday, Feb 19 or the later Monday, March 1.

The second choice would be mid-March. Icho doesn't have time in early March.

Everybody can come here for any time you like: You can come for the full week, you can come for a single day, or for anything in between. If neither date suits you, please complain. In the upcoming days, I'm going to file at work the February vacation.

-- Simon
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Feb/Mar 2027
Post by: Simon on September 18, 2026, 10:38:46 PM
My vacation from Saturday, February 20th, 2027 through Sunday, February 28th, 2027 has been formally granted. Flopsy has his vacation granted, too.

Looking forward to see you all in February!

-- Simon
Title: Re: German meetup in Kassel, Sat Feb 20 through Sun Feb 28, 2027
Post by: Flopsy on September 19, 2026, 10:31:41 AM
Just to expand on what Simon said, I am off on weekends anyway. Booked the Weekdays 22-26th Feb off so I am available all the days Simon says he is available above.

Going to be a good week!  :lix-winktongue: