Lemmings Forums

Lemmings Boards => Lemmings Main => Topic started by: Erickk64 on August 16, 2026, 10:09:10 PM

Title: Thoughts on "3D lemmings"?
Post by: Erickk64 on August 16, 2026, 10:09:10 PM
I always felt like 3D lemmings was a "mixed" game between the community for some reason. similar to lemmings puzzle adventure in a way.  :shrug:

I'd say the game is decent, it does have some rough spots, like for example the controls, which can be a pain in the head, especially if your playing the PS1 version.   :P

Anc it does have some good in it, like for example the music, and some great levels that use the third dimension really well.  :D

So, whats your thoughts about it? :)
Title: Re: Thoughts on "3D lemmings"?
Post by: namida on August 16, 2026, 10:18:44 PM
I'm quite a fan of it, but I can definitely admit it has some weaknesses.

The camera controls are the obvious one. They're not really much better on PC. The keyboard-based controls are an improvement over the mouse-based ones, but still not ideal. Lack of ability to tilt up/down is also frustrating.

The other one is that honestly, I don't feel the level design was the greatest, and especially, it rarely made full use of 3D. There are a few absolutely excellent levels in there that couldn't work in 2D (eg. Critical Path), but also so many that aren't all that interesting and/or the 3D aspect of them is limited to "assign a couple of turners" and/or "the path has turns in it, but there's no puzzle-related reason it couldn't be a straight 2D line". Think of levels like "This Is The Army" or "The Five Arches" here.

It was definitely very fun to make an original level pack for!
Title: Re: Thoughts on "3D lemmings"?
Post by: Kapus on August 23, 2026, 03:21:44 AM
I had it as a kid but I thought it was a little too convoluted and confusing to play. Definitely didn't like it as much as the original Lemmings games or even Paintball. I haven't played it since then, though, I'm interested in going back to it now that I have about 20 years of distance from my original experience.

The soundtrack is stellar though, I still listen to it to this day.
Title: Re: Thoughts on "3D lemmings"?
Post by: grams88 on August 28, 2026, 12:03:15 AM
I keep having having Dreams and In the dream I'm asking my cousin, how far did you get in 3d Lemmings, I knew in the dream that he never completed lemmings 3d it before, well maybe in real life he has but not in the dream.

I quite liked Lemmings 3d and recommend it to other fans of lemmings, it is a bit tricky getting used to the camera but once you know the basics with the camera controls, it's a really fun game.

I completed the game a while back.  :thumbsup: