Author Topic: Lemmings Quiz  (Read 21115 times)

PIGSgrame

Re: Lemmings Quiz
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2007, 11:54:39 AM »
In Lemmings 2: The Tribes, what is the last level in the Shadow Tribe?
If I remember correctly (haven't played it for years), this was "Moonwings".

DrLemmingsham

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »
In Lemmings 2: The Tribes, what is the last level in the Shadow Tribe?
If I remember correctly (haven't played it for years), this was "Moonwings".
Well PIGSgrame...

You are right! You have $1,000,000! Well actually, you are wrong, but close enough. You said "Moonwings"... The answer... is "Moonswings." But you won anyway! Now you ask a question...

PIGSgrame

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2007, 05:59:37 PM »
OK, here we go:
How many levels that appear only once are there in the PC version of original Lemmings (i. e.: "We all fall down", "Just dig" / "Ozone friendly Lemmings" do not count)?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2007, 01:40:56 PM »
-- edited, see below :) --

PIGSgrame

« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2007, 01:46:02 PM »
Just counted 33 Levels. The "Just a minute" levels probably don't count as identical :) If that's correct, then...
I don't think it is, as I've conted 39:
Fun: 3, 22
Tricky: 1, 14, 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29
Taxing: 2, 4, 5, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 24, 26, 28
Mayhem: 1, 2, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 22, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30

But I could be wrong as well, maybe I've overlooked a doublette? Possibly, this question was actually too hard...

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2007, 01:49:43 PM »
Just counted again, and got 40 levels. Any odd number must be wrong :) I think I've already heard somewhere else that there are 40 repetitions, so 40 + 2*40 = 120 fits nicely. You seem to be missing Taxing 27, "Call in the bomb squad".

What is the highest number of builders you get for any level in Lemmings 1 - outside of the 66 builders in "All the 6's"?

-- Simon

PIGSgrame

« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2007, 02:37:44 PM »
You seem to be missing Taxing 27, "Call in the bomb squad".
Ya, I just came back to edit my post ;) So you were right, there are 40 non-repeating levels.

What is the highest number of builders you get for any level in Lemmings 1 - outside of the 66 builders in "All the 6's"?
Because I just went through all levels to find out which one I've missed, I think I can answer this: It's 50, and you have it (at least) in Tricky 13, "Lemming drops".

If this is correct, then here is the next question:
How many levels in Oh no! MORE Lemmings require less than 50% to save?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2007, 03:25:35 PM »
Yup, I haven't found a level with more than 50.

And in ONML, there are only two levels with < 50% to save, Crazy 11 and Havoc 10... which are the only two levels actually about losing lots of lemmings.

What Tribes skill is missing from the PC version's practice mode selection? ;) Picture: http://eiderdaus.fateback.com/bitmap/l_tribes.png

-- Simon

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2007, 03:51:17 PM »
I accidentally stumbled across that yesterday when compared the number used to represent each skill in the level format with the skill order in that screen. 0x33, the last one, was missing in the screen however. It's the blocker.

What does the title "22934" refer to? Wait, I don't know either... :(

What sports' devices/objects/etc. can be found in the Sports tribe levels? Name at least 5 sports (from scratch ;)) that is referred to in the sports tribe.

PIGSgrame

« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2007, 04:30:43 PM »
Golf, Billiard, Football, Tennis, Basketball.

And in ONML, there are only two levels with < 50% to save, Crazy 11 and Havoc 10... which are the only two levels actually about losing lots of lemmings.
Not to forget Wicked 6, where 37% are required although quite some more can be rescued...

Next one:
In the "original style" Lemmings games (Lemmings, Oh No and Xmas), there is one level which can only be solved by nuking the whole crowd. What is it's name?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2007, 05:20:54 PM »
Hail 6, "Surprise Package?". Great idea to use the "skill" like that ;)

(Blocker was the correct answer BTW.)

Next question: Which Tribes level gives you a total of 215 skill usages (at least in the PC version)? Deduce the answer by pure logic, as the Lemmings Solution is out of bandwith already for the next hours *grin*

-- Simon

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2007, 06:08:45 PM »
Coincidentally this must level that I've been analyzing only today: I remember that there are 99 jumpers and balooners and it is an outdoor level, either the 3rd, 4th or 5th.
Got to check (the Lemmings solution outdoor tribe page is still in my cache :P): Ok it's the 5th, "Fridays walk".

The table in the sports levels looks to me very much like a snooker table. :P And I don't see a reference to basketball there, but I'm admittedly rather unfamiliar with that sport and might be missing some elements.
But I just noted (admittedly quite a bit late) looking up your profile, PIGSgrame, that you're from Dresden as I am. What part of Dresden are you from? (Maybe PMing is more appropriate for that topic...  :XD:)

EDIT: forgot to attach the new question...please wait...
Which two levels' (Original/ONML) names differ in only one exlamation mark and two characters switched?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2007, 11:11:08 PM »
Which two levels' (Original/ONML) names differ in only one exlamation mark and two characters switched?

"Have a Nice Day!" and "Have an ice day"

New question:  in Lemmings 2, which skills have, within their name, the name of another skill in the game?  [hint:  there are 3] [more clear hint:  there are 3 such skills, each of which contains the name of another skill]

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2007, 05:00:15 PM »
Club Basher, Flamethrower, Rock Climber.

In Lemmings 3, what does the text on the corner of the map on the loading screen say?

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2007, 12:13:42 AM »
My question: There are three tunes in 3D Lemmings which play on only one level each. What are the names of these three levels?
No, there are none. (Unless you don't count practice levels, in which case, Tricky level "Garden Maze"). Here, for each music, is at least two levels in which they are used(most have more, I'll point out if they don't):

Space Music 1: "Alilemms"(Fun) and "Lemlab"(Tricky)
Space Music 2: "Dot To Dot"(Tricky) and "Rescue Team"(Taxing) <--- These are the only two
Army Music 1: "Take A Dive"(Fun) and "Sliding Maze"(Fun)
Army Music 2: "Alpine Assault Course"(Fun) and "Let The Race Begin"(Taxing)
Circus Music 1: "Bounce Bounce"(Fun) and "T'uther Circus Level"(Mayhem)
Circus Music 2: "Which Exit?"(Tricky) and "Stilt Walker"(Tricky) <--- These are the only two
Computer Music 1: "Lemmings Inside"(Fun) and "Lemmtris"(Taxing)
Computer Music 2: "Breakout"(Tricky) and "Motherboard"(Taxing)
Pyramid Music 1: "Tooten Lemming"(Tricky) and "The Arena"(Taxing)
Pyramid Music 2: "King Coder's Tomb"(Tricky) and "Raiders of the Lost Lemming"(Mayhem) <--- These are the only two
Maze Music 1: "The M-A-Z-E"(Fun) and "Final Maze"(Mayhem)
Maze Music 2: "Garden Maze"(Tricky), and many of the Practice levels. If you don't count these, Garden Maze is the only level.
Golf Music 1: "Hole In Ten"(Fun) and "Land Ahoy"(Tricky)
Golf Music 2: "Fore"(Tricky) and "Driving Range"(Mayhem) <--- These are the only two, *I think*
Lemgo Music 1: "Attack of the 50ft Lemmings"(Fun) and "A Head Above The Rest"(Tricky)
Lemgo Music 2: "That's Right"(Fun) and "Play Time"(Tricky)
Castle Music 1: "It's A Run Around"(Fun) and "The Five Arches"(Mayhem)
Castle Music 2: "Castle Lemalot"(Fun) and "Catacombs"(Mayhem)
Candy Music 1: "The Bean Machine"(Fun) and "Candyland Climber"(Fun)
Candy Music 2: "Chocolate Drop"(Tricky) and "Jelly Belly Islands"(Mayhem)

EDIT: This is assuming you use CD Music. I'm not sure about otherwise.