Author Topic: Lemming Level List Game  (Read 123280 times)

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
Re: Lemming Level List Game
« Reply #270 on: December 06, 2004, 05:42:41 PM »
I sure do have more

Mayhem 22 - Nearly there

Good - Interesting level design
Bad -  18 Bloody blockers!

Tools

Other Stats

Time 5 Minutes
Number of Lemmings 20
To Save 16

Conway

« Reply #271 on: December 06, 2004, 11:07:50 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1090216677/255#269 date=1102351022
Those aren't Adams' designed levels; they're remakes of two of the unique levels from the Sega version of Lemmings.

Are you sure? I don't recognize them, and I've played the Sega Megadrive version.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 07, 2004, 11:06:22 AM »
Well, the names match those listed in this topic: http://eng-forum.lemmingswelt.de/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display;num=1099583541.

Are you hoping to do all of the unique levels eventually, Adam? I'd love to see them put together in a Cheapo set. I'd especially like to know (if anyone here does) what the skill allocation for "Stepping Stones" is.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 07, 2004, 12:56:39 PM »
Interesting! We should recreate these levels under Cheapo or under LemEdit and make a SMS levelpack! That would be challenging! All we need are the screenshots and let's build them! :D
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

piainp2

« Reply #274 on: December 07, 2004, 03:05:52 PM »
Those aren't Adams' designed levels; they're remakes of two of the unique levels from the Sega version of Lemmings.

Errr?
Wasn't "Go For It" Fun 23 on the Amiga? I could've sworn that was where I played it.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 07, 2004, 08:22:32 PM »
Hmm...... according to Planet Lemmings, the Amiga levels are the same as the PC and Mac versions, so Fun 23 would be You've lost that lemming feeling.

Offline Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 08, 2004, 12:26:56 AM »
Quote from: finlay  link=1090216677/240#253 date=1101939052
Mike: did you actually design it or something????

I was one of the team... I did the original animation that "spawned" Lemmings, and also did a big chunk of the ST one. Im also responsible for many of the original levels. I didnt do any Oh No ones, or L2/L3 etc...

But I did code SNES Lemmings 2 as well..

You can read about it on my homepage...

http://www.mikedailly.com

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #277 on: December 08, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »
Lets clarify this, there are SEGA MASTER SYSTEM exclusive levels.

« Reply #278 on: December 08, 2004, 07:20:31 PM »
Quote from: Mike  link=1090216677/270#276 date=1102465616
I was one of the team... I did the original animation that "spawned" Lemmings,
<snip>
You can read about it on my homepage...

http://www.mikedailly.com

Cool!  You know, it might be cool if someone makes a Cheapo Style based partly on that original concept art you did (the one you have on the website with the "mouth" trap and various prototype walking lemmings animations)......

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2004, 01:25:46 AM »
In fact, this style already exists! :D

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2004, 05:57:45 PM »
Mike, two things: firstly, I'm not particularly impressed with the way you don't use apostrophes at all in words like "Mike's" and "I'm"; this was one thing that made me doubt that you were an actual designer.

Secondly, I can confirm that the ST does have a two-player version, though player 2 has to use a joystick. I once played it at my friend's house. I would almost say it rocked better than original lemmings, since it has levels that you don't normally get to play, and the nature of play is specifically competitive. Would it be possible for you to release these levels for us in a more compatible (ie. just the level in one-player mode) format, if you still have them, of course?

Offline Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2004, 06:41:14 PM »
what the hell?  

First get a life. You "dont" have to have an English degree to make games.

Second, why the hell does that matter?

Im a programmer, when I do "real" documentaion, I'll add punctuation where its needed, hell I might even use a spell checker. I certainly dont give a shit about it on a bloody forum. I bet you add punctuation on text messages with your mobile phone dont you?

My english sucks, I make no complaint, but I dont need it for my job, which I do damn well.

And after an insult like that, to actually ask me for something - anything. well, no. Bugger off.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2004, 07:57:48 PM »
Hey Mike!: :agree:

Myself, my english isn't perfect. I'm a French guy and sometimes, my english can sucks too! X_X

But, please, do you still have the 2-players levels from Atari ST or SNES for Windows?

Why there's no multiplayer lemmings in the Dos version? This missed me! :-( Myself, I remember playing 2-headed lemmings with my friend, it was so fun to play! Then, this feeling dissapear now!

Luckely, there's Clones! But... anyway! I enjoyed the 2-headed lemmings levels! Do you still have them, please?

Andi

« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2004, 08:28:47 PM »
I understand you very good, Mike. With or without that '-stuff.

Just talk to G3K because of chats late in the night. Then I sometimes wonder myself if that crap written on the screen is my english. :D

And finlay, since when are your language skills deciding if you're good at your job or not, huh? Tststs...

Offline Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2004, 09:41:41 PM »
And finlay, since when are your language skills deciding if you're good at your job or not, huh? Tststs...

Since the time he said that he didn't think I was involved because of my english, thats when.

Mike, two things: firstly, I'm not particularly impressed with the way you don't use apostrophes at all in words like "Mike's" and "I'm";this was one thing that made me doubt that you were an actual designer.